Athlon Ares BTR 4.5-27x50mm Vs Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 5-25x50mm review

I had another interesting experience this fall using the Vortex Viper pst gen ii. My rifle took a really hard fall during my mule deer hunt. My sling came off the swivel stud while the rifle was shouldered. The barrel hit the dirt first followed by the top front bell of the scope. I didn’t have time to recheck zero as I was several miles into my morning hunt when it occurred. After hiking out and getting back to the truck I had a split second opportunity on a shooter buck at 400 Yards. I took a rushed shot and missed. Buck got lucky and disappeared to never be seen again. Checked my rifle zero and it was 6” low and 4-5” left at 100 Yards.

I don’t fault the scope in any way. It took a hard and fast fall into the ground but it’s good to know that it’s not bullet proof and advisable that the user needs to check zero after any hard fall or hit to the scope. This should be true for any scope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very similar impact happened to my friends rifle when we were backpacked in 12 miles. The pin that holds his snipepod adapter on fell out and rifle hit the ground from his shoulder muzzle first then scope bell. He has a huskemaw 5-20 on it. Rifle is a semi custom 300 weatherby so it’s not light. Didn’t have a good way to recheck zero on the trip and we were covered up with elk anyway so didn’t want to scare them off. Post trip rifle shot right on at 500, 800, and 1000 just like it did before we left. I was there for all of it and had serious doubts if we found a bull he was interested in but the scope held through it.

brisket

Lil-Rokslider
^^^What the hell is that?

Someone built an account just to spam?

Edit: Spam post was pulled down

Last edited: