athlon aries or used leupold gold ring hd

Unkept

FNG
for western hunting of all types except ram and goats etc

LEUPOLD Gold Ring 12 40x60

pros, .Lightweight, crystal clear, compact, reputable brand with easy resale and a great warranty and I can find them used
cons,. more expensive, people don't love them on this web site.

or

Athlon Optics Ares 15-45x65

pros, better price, buy new, great reviews
cons, not carried by retailers near me never looked through larger size

looking for your pros cons etc sway my decision

Is there not enough collective love for the Athlon Ares spotter on this site for you? I would buy the Ares and not look back. You should be one of the satisfied customers soon. The optical quality and size are pretty unbeatable in anything under $1,000.

MikeG

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Athlon. It's a great piece. I love its size, it encourages me to take it more often than i would a big spotter. You do lose some clarity in the last 5x of zoom, but it's nothing that would keep me from buying it again. I got it as a cabelas closeout for around $265, so it was well worth the purchase.

I have the Athlon. It's a great piece. I love its size, it encourages me to take it more often than i would a big spotter. You do lose some clarity in the last 5x of zoom, but it's nothing that would keep me from buying it again. I got it as a cabelas closeout for around $265, so it was well worth the purchase.

You bought the Athlon Ares model at Cabelas? I didn't know they carry them. That is some kind of deal you found. If you are talking about a Cabelas brand scope, that isn't the same as the Athlon.

MikeG

Lil-Rokslider
I got it a year and a half ago or so. They weren't carrying the line any longer and closing them out. Last time I was there they had one or two rifle skopes left, can't remember which model, but they had dust all over the boxes, so they must have been there for quite a while.

I have the athlon 15-45x65. I really like it. However my eye piece broke. In order to change magnification I have to hold the eye piece while I turn the magnification ring or the whole eye piece turns and does not change magnification. Also the rubber ring on the end of the eye piece fell off while hiking and I lost it. The scope is still functional tho. I'm sure they will warranty it. I'm just waiting because I'm hoping they deplete their inventory of the old models and send me the new uhd model 🤫 with the interchangeable eyepiece.

2blade

WKR
hey guys, I see conflicting specs on what this scope weighs. Some say 50 ounces some say 43, can one of you guys weigh yours for me? thanks

You bought the Athlon Ares model at Cabelas? I didn't know they carry them. That is some kind of deal you found. If you are talking about a Cabelas brand scope, that isn't the same as the Athlon.

That’s a tough one to believe myself... even $400 would be robbery.