Athlon Cronus 10x42 UHD

Hunter270

FNG
Hi guys,

Does anyone have any experience with the Athlon Cronus Gen2 10x42 binoculars? I currently have some Vortex Viper HDs and would like to move up a bit. From what I’ve read, these are a pretty great bang for your buck. I’ve found the Gen2 for sale at $499. Also does anyone know the difference between the original and the Gen2 model? What they improved on?

Thanks in advance

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
These have not shipped yet. I spoke with Drake at Athlon yesterday and he said it is a totally remade unit with upgraded optics

OP
Hunter270

Hunter270

FNG
These have not shipped yet. I spoke with Drake at Athlon yesterday and he said it is a totally remade unit with upgraded optics

Thanks Doug. Let me know if you find out anything else. The forums on here have turned me onto a few other options that would be worth exploring. Sounds like you are the optics expert, so I may give you a call one of these days.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks Doug. Let me know if you find out anything else. The forums on here have turned me onto a few other options that would be worth exploring. Sounds like you are the optics expert, so I may give you a call one of these days.
My pleasure to "meet" you and discuss optics. Have a great night