Athlon Cronus?

jpmulk

WKR
I’m looking to upgrade my glassing game. I’m a midprice range guy. I’m really interested in the Athlon Cronus 10x42s. They seem like you get a lot for the price. Anyone have field experience with them? Thanks for your input.

Secondarily, any thoughts on vortex summit tripod and Panheads?

I don't have any experience with the newer Cronus 10X42. I have a pair of the Cronus 8.5X42 that I bought from Doug. I've used them on 2 elk hunts and done a fair bit of glassing, and I've been incredibly pleased with them.

justchel

FNG
I've owned the Cronus G2 10x42 since last spring and it's my favorite glass for $500. I just did a comparison of the Maven and Tract 10x50s and included the Cronus, you can check out my impression of it here.

OP
jpmulk

jpmulk

WKR
I've owned the Cronus G2 10x42 since last spring and it's my favorite glass for $500. I just did a comparison of the Maven and Tract 10x50s and included the Cronus, you can check out my impression of it here.

This was very helpful. Thanks.

BigFootWa

Lil-Rokslider
Athlon all day long, I have almost all my optics from Athlon and the quality and price are amazing. On top, you have a lifetime warranty.