Athlon Helos BTR 2-12 Vs. Sightron S-TAC 3-16

fishbeafraid

Lil-Rokslider

MHWASH

WKR
Still have the Helos, 2 actually. Returned the S-TAC. I purchased the S-tac first, but Returned it before mounting it. The cross hairs are extremely thin. I had trouble seeing them against a power pole right outside my house. I exchanged it for the 2-12 Helos. I’ve had no problems with it. It’s mounted on my Tikka 6.5 CM. I like it just as well as any of my other scopes. When it was time to buy a scope for my target rifle, Bergara HMR 6.5CM I choose the 4-20 Helos. Both have been dialed up down and all around. Return to zero has been perfect. I will admit though that I’ve only both since this winter, so no long term experience.

OP
fishbeafraid

fishbeafraid

Lil-Rokslider
Still have the Helos, 2 actually. Returned the S-TAC. I purchased the S-tac first, but Returned it before mounting it. The cross hairs are extremely thin. I had trouble seeing them against a power pole right outside my house. I exchanged it for the 2-12 Helos. I’ve had no problems with it. It’s mounted on my Tikka 6.5 CM. I like it just as well as any of my other scopes. When it was time to buy a scope for my target rifle, Bergara HMR 6.5CM I choose the 4-20 Helos. Both have been dialed up down and all around. Return to zero has been perfect. I will admit though that I’ve only both since this winter, so no long term experience.
What I've gathered from your response and from my thread on 24HCF, seems the 2-12x Helos is the preferred scope by many. Biggest con seems to be its country of origin. I appreciate your input!

Now also thinking about the SWFA SS 3-15× for the 300 win. Lots of choices!

MHWASH

WKR
I also have the SS 3-15. I still like the Helos better. The turrets on the SS are obnoxiously tall. I like “locking” turrets on the Helos.

ChrisAU

WKR
I’ve said it a few times on here now - if someone wants FFP & locking turrets on a $400-$500 budget the 2-12 Athlon can’t be beat. I firmly stand by that. I really, really like them.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I think you'll be VERY pleased if you look at our current Flash Sale Page
laugh