Athlon Helos BTR Gen 2 2-12x42 for split use rifle: banging steel and hunting?

wcoats

FNG
I have a Burgara HMR that I cut down to 18" in 6.5 Creedmoor I'm needing to put a scope on. I'd like to use this rifle for both shooting steel at the range for fun as well as being able to take it deer hunting. I have a 24" 6.5 Creedmoor with a DMR II Pro on it and have started to dabble in long range shooting and like FFP but want a scope for this rifle that's actually usable to quickly see the reticle on low magnification. I like the Bushnell LRHS but those aren't made any more and sell fast when they come up used.

The Helos BTR Gen 2 2-12x42 looks like an awesome scope for my purpose and is at a fairly low price point. Anyone have experience with this scope and have good or bad feedback about it?

PS. I was almost completely decided on buying this scope but I noticed the Trijicon Credo 4-16x50 is on clearance a few places for only about $200 more than I can get the Athlon Helos BTR G2 for and that has me reconsidering. The Credo 4-16 is SFP but has a decent mil reticle and would probably work for my purpose and have better glass. Now I'm stuck trying to decide

KY_coop

Lil-Rokslider
I was looking for a similar scope for split use on a 308 and I was between the bushnell lrhs-2 and one of the trijicon offerings. Just ordered a 4-16x50 credo. From what I've read $620 is a steal for this scope and that's why I chose it. Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk