Athlon Spotting scope comments

Nicksawik

FNG
Looked into them and hear that they are pretty good for the price. But i just wanted to go with a one and done, just so 3 years from now im not looking to upgrade. But wen i talked to doug ftom cameraland he said it was a decent scope just not in the same class as the aries

rustneversleeps

Lil-Rokslider
Looked into them and hear that they are pretty good for the price. But i just wanted to go with a one and done, just so 3 years from now im not looking to upgrade. But wen i talked to doug ftom cameraland he said it was a decent scope just not in the same class as the aries

Thanks - thats kinda been the consensus from what I've read/heard. I've just been thinking about something cheap to look out the windows of the cabin, carry around in the truck, and use for some spring bear

Nicksawik

FNG
Thanks - thats kinda been the consensus from what I've read/heard. I've just been thinking about something cheap to look out the windows of the cabin, carry around in the truck, and use for some spring bear
Yea then that should be fine or possibly the redfield rampage is probably a good option as well

Horseman

Lil-Rokslider
I also wondered about the Talos. Mainly for calling shots on paper, not game. I suspect at this price it would only be good to maybe 30x? Anyone confirm what magnification the quality really drops off?

Another Alberta here. Where did you guys find the Athlon? A quick Google search shows me the 65mm available from Wolverine and the 85mm is available from Amazon.