Athlon vs Vortex

bdg848

WKR
I am trying to decide between an Athlon Midas TAC 6-24x50 or vortex strike eagle 5-25x56. Also considering the Vortex HST 4-16x44 for slightly more $. I will be using it for hunting out to 600 yards and long range plinking to 1000. I will be dialing holdover for longer shots.

There are some FOV and minor weight differences (+/- four-ish ounces.) Athlon and strike eagle both have "Christmas tree" style reticle options and the viper has a more traditional mil dot. Advantages to either? How is the tracking with these scopes? I imagine quality will be comparable with any of the three but what would you go with?

Rob5589

WKR
My guess is, in that price range, the SWFA would get the nod. Just so happens there is one in the classifieds.

Shooter45

FNG
I've used SWFA for a lot of my long distance rifles and they have tracked perfectly just past 800yds and never had any trouble. I've also used a few older Vortex scopes which have always held zero, but I never dialed for any and just did hold overs. The SWFA's are hard to beat for durability and their tracking that they are known for. Their cheaper lines have some rougher quality glass, but the internals are the same for tracking and famous for being rock solid and holding. The HD glass they offer is plenty nice to me for shooting. There are other companies you can pay a lot more for and the glass is better but just what your needs and price range are.