Atlasworxs Bottom Metal

Sled

WKR
i have one on the bench but have not installed it yet. looks quality, price was right and it shipped quick.

I'm about to order one for an older SA savage. It has a reversible bushing in that model so it can be used on either 4.40 or 4.275 actions.

I have a Tikka bolt shroud and bolt handle from them. Good stuff, priced right. I have been thinking of getting one of thier bottom metals for my wife's Tikka, but now I see Mike at Hells Canyon is fashioning some pretty sweet stuff so I may hold off for now.

OP
tdhanses

tdhanses

WKR
I went ahead and ordered one, with shipping it came out to just over $128. Now the long wait on the sea voyage.

AirborneEScouter

Lil-Rokslider
I have their bottom metal in my Tikka, takes the AICS mag no problem and my 3.6" Berger ammo loads perfectly (though my gunsmith notched the feed ramp). Great product especially for the money.

OP
tdhanses

tdhanses

WKR
I got mine after about 2 weeks, shipping took awhile, I think it’s very well built, worth it to me.

Last edited:

ID_Matt

WKR
I got the standard trigger guard that takes stock mags. seems built well and the magazines fit good. The release sits a farther out than I would like and could be bumped but doesn't bother me too much. The bolt handle I got from them I was not a fan of though. Does not fit very tight in the bolt and has a little wobble.

I experienced the opposite, my bolt handle from them fit very snug. Mine is coated. If I remember right they sent literature with it saying that it will be a very tight fit especially if not raw and was coated.

smith406

FNG
Has anyone ever had to get ahold of these guys with a problem? I have a dbm from them that was purchased around 2010, never installed, that shipped with an out of spec lever. It was a known issue at the time. I forgot all about it until I saw this thread. I've sent an email but have not heard back.

Bbell12

WKR
Any updated reviews on their products? Am looking at the AICS bottom metal and bolt handles.

OP
tdhanses

tdhanses

WKR
So far I really like their bottom metal, fit is great and seems to be a quality built product.

wildcat33

WKR
I've got the tikka DBM sitting on the bench. Required a bit more inletting than I had the huevos to undertake with a dremel on a standard T3x stock. I think the CTR pattern DBMs that convert to AICS are the way to go after this detour.

Dcaccia

FNG
I have their bottom metal on a sako a7. No modification required, except for having to trim the rear action screw so it wouldn’t contact the bolt when tightened. Overall I’m happy with the product. It did take awhile to get shipped to the states if I remember correctly.

Bbell12

WKR
I've got the tikka DBM sitting on the bench. Required a bit more inletting than I had the huevos to undertake with a dremel on a standard T3x stock. I think the CTR pattern DBMs that convert to AICS are the way to go after this detour.

Were you trying to convert a short action to a long action?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lapuafan

FNG

Seeknelk

WKR
I used one on a Savage short action in a used manners stock I picked up. I certainly had to modify the manners a bit to get the mag to sit where it needed to. The bottom metal is fairly recessed into the bottom of stock when all was said and done but it works perfectly. And a weird manner thumbhole stock, Stevens action combo, I didn't expect it to drop in. It's an ugly salvage workhorse so I don't care a bit. Actually looks decent to be fair to my work🤣

ATL

FNG
I have one for a TIKKA AICS SA. The Accurate Mag fits nicely, feeds well. Mine has the low profile release lever, nice design.