ATS 65 vs KOWA 66A

No question the Kowa. I did a very lengthy comparison between the two mentioned as well as the Kowa 88 & 99 (new models) compared to my Swaro 95 and 85. The Kowa is IMO absolutely better in every department. Resolving, contrast, CA, fine adjustment, brightness etc. I sold all my Swaro spotters.

No question the Kowa. I did a very lengthy comparison between the two mentioned as well as the Kowa 88 & 99 (new models) compared to my Swaro 95 and 85. The Kowa is IMO absolutely better in every department. Resolving, contrast, CA, fine adjustment, brightness etc. I sold all my Swaro spotters.
Pronghunter...from the 66,88 and 99 which one did you buy and why?

I have the 66 and the 88. The 99 was great (minimal difference over the 88) but felt it was more geared toward discoping.
Thank you. I looked at the 88 and some swaros but they did not have a 66. I can only buy one the 66 or 88.. If you could only buy one for hunting would you buy the 66 or 88?

Matt G.

WKR
How is the overall size difference between the 77 and 66. Tempted to move to the 66 of the volume of space is smaller. Not a huge weight difference.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jlujan01

FNG
Man, they are so nice. I hear they are working on some binos, too. I can’t imagine anything better than the NLs, but I sure am curious. Which spotters do you have now?

I’m upgrading from a razor 65 and am stuck between the 773 and the 66A. Is there enough difference between the 2 to justify the 66 or should I look for a good priced used 77?

I had the opportunity to look through the 66 at the Colorado crowd sourced optic get together. The 66 is top notch in my opinion. Wanting to add one to my arsenal.
Did you compare it to a 773? It sounds like the 66 is the king of the hill but I don’t know if I can justify the additional $1k from what I can get the 77 for. It does however shave 1/2lb and 1/2” and give you a little bulk in your pack back so there’s that too.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Although we didn’t directly compare, I’ve looked through a 77 for a good amount of time. That coupled with a few of the other reviews (think S&S or backwoods) I tell my friends with 77s to hang on to them.

I saw some for $1800. That’s a good deal for a spotter that should get very close in resolution and even split the difference in low light compared for the 88.

But yeah it’s $1k cheaper. That’s appealing.

Last edited: