Attaching a rifle/bow to a MR Pop Up 28?

Ldav07

FNG
Hey guys,

I'm looking at possibly getting a Pop Up 28 for a day pack with meat hauling capabilities. Seems like most people have nothing but good things to say about the packs. My question is, how do you guys that have them attach your rifles and bows to them? After looking at the packs and doing some research it looks like there isn't anything integrated into the pack for that purpose. Have you found any system that works well?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

I rigged a kifaru gunnbearer to the hip belt. For bow I usually hand carry or just rest it on top of the pack behind my neck. There is nothing to stop you from strapping your bow to the pack but even the 28 is a small bag. Your bow is going to stick out either top and bottom or side to side.

OP
L

Ldav07

FNG
Ok thanks for the suggestion. Yeah I figure a bow would stick out quite a ways if it’s strapped on there.

Has anyone had any luck using one of the exo weapon carriers or something similar? Are the buckles interchangeable?

McCoppin

FNG
Bumping this up as I'm curious on how everyone is attaching there bow/rifle for longer treks

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
I put two straps right to the lower and upper frame, carries my bow just fine.

morphetm

Lil-Rokslider
I rigged a kifaru gunnbearer to the hip belt. For bow I usually hand carry or just rest it on top of the pack behind my neck. There is nothing to stop you from strapping your bow to the pack but even the 28 is a small bag. Your bow is going to stick out either top and bottom or side to side.
This I used the standard not the universal, it locked into the belt webbing just fine.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

jhim

FNG
I use a Pop Up 28 for my day hunts and use MR's quick draw sling. The chest strap does a good job of keeping the sling over my shoulder and the claw on the belt keeps the rifle out of the way.