Attaching bow to Bikini/High Camp

Scoot

WKR
I should get my hands on my new Kifaru Bikini frame and High Camp bag in a month or two. I'm curious about one thing- what is the best/easiest/fastest way to attach my bow to the pack?

Use the straps that hold the lid + a grab it. You could probably get away with just the lid straps and forego the grab it but I know most use a grab it.

swat8888

WKR
Grab it, and on my DT1 I bought a small pick of webbing, 1/2" I think and put buckles on both ends. Attached that through the loops on my standard lid. Kept it very secure when used with the grab it. However it did almost rip my loops off the standard lid, had to send it in to kifaru to get them restitched. Also, kinda by accident I found that cutting up an old sleeping pad into a butt sized section and molding it around the cams on the bottom it will prevent any hard impacts going right onto your cams when you set our pack down.

MattB

WKR
Grab it and a piece of close cell foam for cam protection (often along with a Primos sling with the webbing cut off to protect the cabling) and I use a piece of webbing with a pair of the slotted quick attach female SR buckles attached to the frame where the top side compression strap connectcs in combination with a peice of webbing with the male counterparts attached. The new K connector straps would do well for controlling the top of the bow.

Ironman

Lil-Rokslider
For any pack, or no pack at all, I use a Black Creek bow sling.

When using trekking poles, I will tighten up the sling so it is higher up on my side. When not using poles, I will loosen it, and have it right where my left hand is with my elbow slightly bent.

I carry it on my left side (I'm right handed), over my head, resting on my right shoulder. Very quick to get off and ready.

The sling does have quick release buckles, but this last September, I shot my elk with the sling still attached to my bow, and my backpack still on.

Snyd

WKR
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151564052453835.599716.125736383834&type=3

230264_10151565036608835_2026991842_n.jpg

littlebuf

Banned
grab it and a horizontal lash kit is pretty well bomb proof on any kifaru pack. you don't need a bunch of foam or bow slings. plus the grab it and lash kit are nice when packing out meat so they serves dual purposes. the more gear you have that does that the better off you are