Attaching Stickbow to your pack.

jaybird76

FNG
I haven't tried it so I don't know how well it functions, but if you run an Eberlestock pack, they have a longbow pocket that attaches to the bottom of the pack to protect the limb closest to the ground.

wodje96

FNG
I just wrap the pack compression straps around riser. It works as good as any thing else. Trad bows aren't very good tied to packs no matter what you do though, IMO

wyodog

FNG
I occasionally put by bow on my backpack. Mostly when climbing out of a steep canyon that I like to hunt. I put a loop on the bottom of my pack that I stick one of the limbs into then run the compression straps over it.

I also have a sling made out of a seat belt with loop sewed on each end. There is also a piece of elastic strap that runs across my chest. This works realy well for carrying your bow horizontal and is nice when wast to use your bunos. The other thing handy about this sling is I can ride my bike and carry the bow.

Wrench

WKR
I made a simple 3 pocket fleece sleeve that hold both halves and the quiver. I unstring, then I have a pair of hair scrunchees with a length of string thatI secure the string to the limbs with, this let's me know if I've added or removed twist from the string. Stuff the halves (toelke) in the bag, stuff the quiver and rock on.

A toelke with the setup I use can be taken down or put back k together in under 1 minute with repeatable results.

I always sweat losing parts on my 3 piece bows.....the toelke with the bolt is perfect for the backcountry hunter.

22eeddc6d150d03abe366b89f112c782.jpg

This is what I use. Works very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord