Attack pant vs axis Hybrid pant

Hello Everyone,

I am looking to change up my clothing for this years hunt. I am really looking for something that does it all. I only hunt mid to late season rifle hunts. I am hopfully going to wyoming on a Antelope and elk hunt this year if I get drawn. I am looking for a pant that will be comfortable yet strong but light weight. I have chossen these to pants to fit what I am looking for. I couldn't find any comparision between them.

I would like to get your thoughts, if you have tried them both out, what did you think?

Last edited:

NilsBackstrom

Lil-Rokslider
I have them both.

Biggest difference is that the axis pant has a fleece lining as well as "waterproof" panels on the butt and bottom part of the legs.

Not sure what temps you hunt in. But I would say the attack pant is the most all around pant of the two that you can use in warmer Temps as well as layer up if it gets colder. Specially if it is an active hunt I would go for these.

The axis as stated earlier is alot warmer and for me they would be way too warm if i had to climb a mountain with a pack regardless of the temp.

For me the attack gets by far more usage. (Blacktail hunts is SE alaska, sheep hunts in the alaska range). I did use the axis pant on a couple of moose hunts in the alaska range mainly cause it was more about sitting still and glassing.

Here kuiu's comparison guide.

I don't have the Axis but have several Attack pants, the Attack are too warm for all the Antelope hunts I've been on in WY. I typically just wear some plain khaki 5.11 pants out there.

MattB

WKR
Attacks are awesome pants if they fit you well. The Tiburons are my go-to pants for warmer hunts, We often hunt in 95+ weather in the CA archery deer season and they are game-changers.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
I have both. Attack are my favorite hunting pant of all brands.

The axis could only be worn in cold temps. I don't like them for one reason-the pockets are zippered, and at an angle. I am a guy who has several things in my pockets, knife, small light, etc. and this doesn't work for me at all. on top of it, the pockets are so large, any items will be down on your thighs-which irritates me.

Do the Pro if you don’t want to look like Velcro after a day in the field. If you like the Velcro look, go with the Attacks.

OP
Mountainman007
Thank you all for your insightful comments. I was kind of leaning towards the attack pant as well, but your comments have kicked it over the top for me. Thanks!! :D:D