Attack Sizing

SteepandDeep

Lil-Rokslider
I had a pair of 32’s made in Canada as well as offshore I bought about 4 years ago and they were a perfect fit but I’ve heard the newer versions run smaller.
I no longer have them and wear a 32r in the sitka mountain pant and timberline.

Should I go 32 or 34? Thanks

The latest Attacks I bought two years ago run tighter in the legs and thighs than earlier versions I had from 4-9 yrs ago. But they still work fine for me in the same size as always...the same size as my blue jeans. If you have really large thighs or calves you might want a different pant. Good luck!

I agree with the sentiment that they run normal size but if you want room under for layers go up a size.

GG9

FNG
Bought some today at the Dixon store. True to size. If you want it for layering, size up.

Waist seems true to my normal pant size (34). My thighs are pretty big though, and I could have gone a size larger for a little more room.

concensus is that they slimmed up the cut a few years back.

I did a little comparison of a set of 2019 pro pants against an older pair of attacks. The are definitely slimmer in the butt and legs. Like Corvus, I have to size up for room.

OP
S

SteepandDeep

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks fellas. I always wear a lightweight base layer with every pant(including 32r sitka’s) so that’s the expectation for the attacks as well.

OP
S

SteepandDeep

Lil-Rokslider
I emailed customer service this morning and they replied an hour later answering my question on fit. Here’s his response:

Thanks for reaching out. The Attack had a slight design change in 2018. The only change is the pocket design. There is some confusion that we changed the fit. The fit has not changed at all from the original design. Often, customers are comparing a new pant that's not broken in to an older pair, sometimes that are nine years old, that have loosened up slightly over time.

Like any manufacturer, we have a tolerance, but this tolerance shouldn't vary enough to merit a size change.

I would recommend you go with your normal 32 waist size. I'm also a 32, have been a 32 in KUIU pants since 2012 and I've never needed a 34 in any of our pants.

I hope this helps, If I'm wrong, you can always use the provided return label and we'll give you free shipping on your replacement order.

All the best,

So I ordered a pair in the size he recommended. Hope this helps someone!

OP
S

SteepandDeep

Lil-Rokslider
Ok so I got them yesterday and they are indeed tighter in the waist compared to my previous ones....But the rest of the pant seems to fit the same.

Kotaman

WKR
I emailed customer service this morning and they replied an hour later answering my question on fit. Here’s his response:

Thanks for reaching out. The Attack had a slight design change in 2018. The only change is the pocket design. There is some confusion that we changed the fit. The fit has not changed at all from the original design. Often, customers are comparing a new pant that's not broken in to an older pair, sometimes that are nine years old, that have loosened up slightly over time.

Like any manufacturer, we have a tolerance, but this tolerance shouldn't vary enough to merit a size change.

I would recommend you go with your normal 32 waist size. I'm also a 32, have been a 32 in KUIU pants since 2012 and I've never needed a 34 in any of our pants.

I hope this helps, If I'm wrong, you can always use the provided return label and we'll give you free shipping on your replacement order.

All the best,

So I ordered a pair in the size he recommended. Hope this helps someone!
I would argue this response. They ARE NOT cut the same. The Canadian made pants were cut like they were made for me. The new pants are long and skinny with a thicker waist band. I compared the two side by side and it was not a "break in" issue. Noticeable differences. I agree, that it did not change my size, but I HATE how the "over seas made" pants fit. So much I went away from the Attacks and they WERE my "go to".