Attn: Guys from Missouri / Arkansas

Handycamp

FNG
I notice quite a few guys from the Ozarks region or thereabouts on this forum. I'm from St. Louis and do most of my outdoorsy stuff in the Ozarks, except for the occasional exotic trip to somewhere really cool. I'm wondering how much interest there would be in forming a group of guys to meet in person from time to time to discuss planning hunting and/or fishing trips. I'm in my late 50's, in decent shape, but just don't know many guys who like to do this kind of thing. If this sounds like something you would want to do, please chime in.

Remember, at this point I am just gauging interest, so all details will have to be determined later. Where and how often we would meet, how formal or informal we want it to be, etc., are things we would need to work out among ourselves. But I love to do both local and exotic trips, from crappie to king salmon, from squirrels to trophy moose. So if this sounds like something worth pursuing to you, let me know.

Christopher.Reed

Lil-Rokslider
I live in Northwest Arkansas and would certainly be down for a meetup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crusader

WKR
I live just outside of St. Louis. Being an old guy as well, by this age most of our relationships are established and it's sometimes a little awkward developing new friendships but hey, you never know. So I'd be open to the possibility of meeting guys in the area.

A little north of Springfield, MO here. Let me know if something comes together.

JVS

Lil-Rokslider
Interested!
I live just south of STL on a small farm in Jefferson county.
I was primarily a whitetail hunter. Went to CO a few years ago and been hooked ever since. It’s my goal to go out west every year. CO last year. Kansas this year. Wyoming next. God willing :)

Crusader

WKR
Interested!
I live just south of STL on a small farm in Jefferson county.
I was primarily a whitetail hunter. Went to CO a few years ago and been hooked ever since. It’s my goal to go out west every year. CO last year. Kansas this year. Wyoming next. God willing :)
What part of Jeffco are you in? I live in High Ridge.

OP
H

Handycamp

FNG
Wow, I did not expect so many positive responses so soon. I'll give it a little more time, and if the positive responses keep coming, we'll start making some plans. Sounds like some good times are on the horizon!

Christopher.Reed

Lil-Rokslider
For what it’s worth; I would recommend setting something up around the Springfield area as it’s pretty centralized.

We could of course opt for Branson if anyone wants to see the 12 Irish tenors…

Branson does have that bass pro resort though…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
H

Handycamp

FNG
Thanks for the compliment, Sherman, but honestly, I just want to find some guys to go hunting and fishing with. Any other benefits are purely coincidental!

I was thinking of Springfield, Christopher Reed, but your Branson suggestion is definitely worth some thought as well.

PRC_GUY

WKR
I have a couple friends here in west TN, we want to go Midwest, at first they all really want to go and then they all went silently and never hear from them again.
Make sure if you are 100% committed to go hunting, don’t just get excited and fade away.
I am from memphis and still looking for serious hunter, but it is easy to say then find a truth hunter.