Attracting Columbia Blacktail

I’m interested about the idea of using calls and rattling Blacktail. What kind of calls do they respond to if any during late prerut and during the rut. I am also interested in knowing if anyone has had any success setting out mineral blocks in higher game traffic areas. I mainly hunt southern Oregon, Josephine county area and switch off between rifle and bow hunting depending on how I’m feeling that year. Any info would be helpful

BryanL

Lil-Rokslider

OP
S
Thank you for those videos, I watched the first one and I think I have already heard the podcast video. Glad I finally heard what the calls actually sound like and that grunting is not a good choice for the black tails. I will have to watch the rattling video later

BryanL

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you for those videos, I watched the first one and I think I have already heard the podcast video. Glad I finally heard what the calls actually sound like and that grunting is not a good choice for the black tails. I will have to watch the rattling video later
No prob. There are a few other videos on Scott’s website that are really good as well as another podcast focused on the late season archery hunt exclusively.

OP
S
I will have to do some practice calling this year before I commit to archery season next year. If I can manage to call them in I will commit