ATV Elk Hunt

jmez

WKR
You can access on any NFS road unless it is closed or has ATV restrictions. I use a UTV every year to elk hunt. Just don't go off road or off approved trails. Much faster and easier than driving most FS roads in a pick up.

I’ll give you an honest answer. Anywhere you can drive an atv is no better than where you can drive your truck. You can either start walking, or riding a horse, from your truck to get further from people and closer to elk or you can hike the same distance from wherever you and everyone else can park their atv. There are no short cuts or easy ways to find elk. The sooner you accept that the sooner you’ll begin to learn how to approach elk hunting. A better question would be something like “Is there anywhere that doesn’t allow any type of motorized vehicles that I can get started elk hunting without any preference points” Good luck pilgrim!

scott85

Lil-Rokslider
Ole Hank still only has 2 post and hasn’t been back on since he made the last one.

svivian

WKR
I didn’t see that. It got dug up by another Newbie digging through old threads. Nothing wrong with that I suppose but I can think of better ones to dig up! Lol
Just bustin some balls. Tongue in cheek. Really I shouldn’t as I prefer adding on to an existing thread rather than have 5 different ones about the same thing

jmez

WKR
For some reason you aren't a true elk hunter unless you bounce a pickup down a crappy road in 4 low every day.

A true elk hunter would not use a tool designed for that very task that also happens to be much faster.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

FLATHEAD

WKR
Prolly 1500 miles of pavement between me and Elk.
If I draw I'll be hauling an ATV or UTV in my 2WD pickup.
Then using the ATV to get the last few miles.
Just common sense to me.