atv insurance

I'm looking to take my atv to Colorado for a 2nd season hunt and I am thinking about adding liability insurance. Do those of you who haul your atv have insurance, and approximately what does something like that cost? I do know that I have to register it with the state for $25. Thanks!

Haggin

Lil-Rokslider
I have full coverage on mine, its pretty cheap, $75-100 per year (cant recall as it renews in January). Just liability was over half that so I figured if I wreck it, or it falls off the trailer I'm covered.

ETA - its a plain Honda Rancher, larger ATVs may be more.

OP
coyotecreek
Well that's a lot better than I was expecting! This is a 2016 Yamaha Kodiak so not a side by side. I'll check into a quote and it sounds like full coverage would be the way to go. Thanks!

Rytanfos

FNG
It's definitely something to shop around for. I've had quotes as high as $500/year, but like others have said, you should be able to get full coverage in the $100-$150 range

EastMT

WKR
Yup, carry full coverage because there’s a meth head out there somewhere looking for a fix. $100-150 per year, like trailer ins basically

Jbehredt

WKR
Some counties in CO require a certain level of coverage to operate an OHV in them. A drivers license as well. $11.50/mo for full coverage on our SxS.