ATV TRACKS

Buck2747

FNG
Any one have any exprience with the track systems they sell for ATV’s or UTV’s? I have hunt but cannot get to the hunting area with out a snowmobile or ATV tracks I have the atv would need to invest in tracks for it. Or buy a used sled to get in about 20 miles or so . Once in it would be snow shoe adventure. Looking for info if anyone has experience with the tracks. Thank you for your time.

Wrench

WKR
I have the kimpex wides on my polaris. I've used the 4s as well. The kimpex are better snow tracks, the 4s are the standard as they take dry runs well.

If you are doing 20 miles each way, you'll be pushing it for a tank of fuel if breaking trail. Power steering helps A LOT. Tracked atv's are a better hunting machine and snowmobiles are better for moving a lot of country.

I have both and would choose to hunt from my atv based on less noise, smell and hauling ability....but at 40 miles a day....it's a coin toss.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
What would you like to know ? This new set cost 4k last year. Can say they require little to no maintenance just be sure they remain tight all important parts are sealed just be sure to keep large limbs out of them and they say you can change them out in about 3 hours and put the wheels back on. This old set ran for a decade plus with no issues and I seldom hear of any complaints. Only downfall I’ve seen is they suck up gas so you need to pack extra always.EB4AA5CB-3EC8-4E63-8C75-6B992CE36B6F.jpegA437893A-A617-45CC-A86E-D5465046AD38.png

OP
B

Buck2747

FNG
What would you say is the fuel difference? Between tires and treads?

Lwilliams

Lil-Rokslider
All I know is they suck up fuel and kill your power if you don’t have a fairly large machine. Outside of that they are great for hunting/working off of.

Squamch

WKR
They also don't "climb" stuff as well as tires. Smooth transitions, they're great, but forget popping over a log, or up a ledge.

Neither does a sled though, if we're purely talking snow specific machines.

I'm surprised no one makes a flotation tire for a quad. When setting up a truck for snow wheeling, in really deep snow, over 3' where you need to stay on top, guys run big ass balloon tires, Mickey Thompson 46s are popular. Big wide footprint to stay on top.

They also don't "climb" stuff as well as tires. Smooth transitions, they're great, but forget popping over a log, or up a ledge.

I'm surprised no one makes a flotation tire for a quad. When setting up a truck for snow wheeling, in really deep snow, over 3' where you need to stay on top, guys run big ass balloon tires, Mickey Thompson 46s are popular. Big wide footprint to stay on top.

I have seen 3 wheelers with floatation tires.

Check out J-wheelz.

mt100gr.

WKR
Any one have any exprience with the track systems they sell for ATV’s or UTV’s? I have hunt but cannot get to the hunting area with out a snowmobile or ATV tracks I have the atv would need to invest in tracks for it. Or buy a used sled to get in about 20 miles or so . Once in it would be snow shoe adventure. Looking for info if anyone has experience with the tracks. Thank you for your time.
What state? My brother is selling 2 older, but very reliable skidoo summit sleds on a trailer, ready to roll. 👊

Wrench

WKR

I've seen guys run dual wheels on the atv's and do ok. The tracks are a whole new level though.....especially loaded.

Me, momma, baby and kids on sled behind us with enough snowshoes and gear for all.....never even close to spinning a track.20190126_142056.jpg

isu22andy

WKR
Not looking to buy but Curious does a Honda with gears spin these tracks as good as a belt driven machine ?

OP
B

Buck2747

FNG
Wrench what type of snow depth do they run best if the trail is 2-3’ depth and you are breaking it do you have issues.

Wrench

WKR
They run in anything that has a bit of base. They float in 4-6" with most conditions. I have run mine in snow up to 10' (feet) and have yet to be stuck.