Aubrey's First Sheep Hunt, By Kyle Virgin

C Bow

WKR
Aubry I am so happy for you. GREAT JOB. For your dad and Grandpa I hope God will give you and your families great health and a very long life so you can have many more hunts. WELL DONE This does my heart good. Thanks for sharing

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great write up Kyle, thanks for taking the time to share that. Just out of curiosity, what caliber and rifle was your daughter using?

She's shooting the little T/C Pro Hunter I put together last winter.
MGM 7-08 Barrel @ 20" length
Leupold 4.5-14x40 w/ Talley Mount
M-Carbo Trigger
Pinch over 6 lbs with a sling.
OAL of 34" so it doesn't even stick up out of my pack fully assembled.

Works great being a single shot because she shoots lefty and her sister shoots righty. Next step will be to aggressively flute the barrel and swap the stock for a M4 style so I can adjust LOP for each shooter.

aS86pGz.jpg

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thank you all for the kind words.

This hunt has meant so much to me that it's hard to even put into words. When she was first diagnosed with her disease I had no idea what the future would hold for her. Never could I have imagined that she would be able sheep hunt, let alone develop the same love for it that I have.

Aubrey recently drew a fantastic sheep tag for this coming fall that we're equally excited about. It will be her first fly out hunt and undoubtedly another great adventure.

Stew

Lil-Rokslider
Wow great hunt congrats to you all especially the young lady beauty of a ram.

Awesome Kyle!! Can't wait to hear about her permit hunt this year, you guys are going to have another great trip!!

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Loved hearing some of this story in person last fall. Super inspiring to see you getting out with Aubrey and getting it done! We’re a number of years off, but already looking forward to taking Molly out for the youth season. Well done, friend.