Australian looking to join a hunt Dec 26- feb3

Feedr

FNG
Australian here, would like to join any kind of hunt during my stay in Oregon. Could drive to Montana or similar distance. No idea where to find people. A night or two up to 7 would be great.

Even a day of shooting would be appreciated on someone's property or at a range. Happy to contribute financially for rounds/fuel etc.

Hunting experience minimal, a few deer/hares, some butchering.

Shooting experience moderate, 5yrs Aus Army Reserve, Infantry, Rifleman.

Appreciate any feedback, cheers fellas, Merry Christmas.

264win

WKR
What part of Oregon will you be in ?

Most big game seasons will be closed by then.
Bird hunting and predator ( coyote, bobcat, cougar ) should still be going on.
Be prepared for very cold weather, likely well below freezing with snow and ice

OP
F

Feedr

FNG
What part of Oregon will you be in ?

Most big game seasons will be closed by then.
Bird hunting and predator ( coyote, bobcat, cougar ) should still be going on.
Be prepared for very cold weather, likely well below freezing with snow and ice
Thanks. I'm in Calgary atm, visiting my sister and hiking around in -28°. I brought thermals which I haven't used yet, the hiking keeps me warm so far but I imagine it's be totally different if I was lying prone or stalking prey. Do many people hunt predators?

OP
F

Feedr

FNG
Thanks. I'm in Calgary atm, visiting my sister and hiking around in -28°. I brought thermals which I haven't used yet, the hiking keeps me warm so far but I imagine it's be totally different if I was lying prone or stalking prey. Do many people hunt predators?
Forgot to say, I'll be in Portland inner city most of the time. I might head to Astoria and Seattle as well for a while.

I’m in SW Idaho and have a muzzleloader cow elk hunt that’s open til the 31st of Dec. I will be out everyday except Xmas. If you pass through here, you’re welcome to join me.

Terrapin

WKR
There are some pretty fun goose hunts south of Portland in the Willamette Valley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk