Austrian Ibex?

the hack

WKR
Anyone hunted Alpine Ipex in Austria? I anticipate spending some time over there in 2022. Thanks for the consideration!

nnmarcher

Lil-Rokslider
I would also be very interested in hearing anyone's experiences chasing Ibex in Austria!

THLR

Lil-Rokslider
No I haven't hunted them.

But expect to pay in the area of $500 per day and $7000-15000 for a ram. You can get much of the same experience for a fraction of the cost with chamois (which I have hunted).

idig4au

WKR
Alpine Ibex. I haven’t hunted them yet but on my to do list. I’ve bid on these hunts before but didn’t go high enough. I think more along the lines of $25k minimum depending on which country you hunt them. I believe permits are quite limited.

My understanding is the chamois and mouflon hunts are quite good and also a bit cheaper.

OP
the hack

the hack

WKR
Austria is the last place in Europe for Alpina Ibex, Switzerland is now closed ro foreigners. A niche hunt to be sure. Thought I'd start here...

FLATHEAD

WKR
I think they charge by the centimeter over there.
And last i checked, were very limited opportunities.

OP
the hack

the hack

WKR
I think they charge by the centimeter over there.
And last i checked, were very limited opportunities.
That's correct. I had a hard time finding an English-speaking reference. So no different than my home state :)

aussiehunter

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks a ton!
No problem and hope you have a great hunt regardless what you hunt.

Make sure to visit Vorarlberg , National Park Donau Auen , National Park Gesause, National Park Hohe Tauern and Seewinkel National Park and drive to Slovenia ( short drive from Austria ) and have a look at the Triglav National Park. If you decide to hunt in slovenia i can help out with contacts