Sold Autographed -- BUCKS I HAVE TAKEN by Jay Gates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This UNREAD, hardcover autographed copy of BUCKS I HAVE TAKEN (And Bucks That Got Away) was signed and given to me by Jay Gates in 1988. Lots of big buck photos. I will include the personal letter on his letterhead to me when Jay sent the book. I believe he's at least in his 70s now and lives in Chino Valley, AZ. This a a rare book. A new one like mine is listed on Amazon at more than $900!

Deer Hunting Legend: Jay Gates

I will consider reasonable offers but no trades. Payment via PayPal (buyer doesn't need an acct; just a CC or checking acct.) or cash only. Must be picked up near 67th Ave. & Camelback or shipped at buyer's expense.

$150 SOLD

The signature says. "Tony-- To the best outdoor writer in Arizona (and one of the best anywhere), Hope you have many successful deer seasons -Jay Gates"

gates.jpg.4ac1656f8809677638a704af003c3ebf.jpg

Jay Gates was raised in the hunting lifestyle in Kingman, Arizona. By 1979, he’d taken his first deer slam (four species of deer—mule, blacktail, whitetail, coues—in one season), and then did it four more times. Once Sitkas were added to the slam, Jay took all five species for his fifth slam, something only a few hunters had done at the time. Jay is an official scorer for P&Y and B&C, and had been covered in all the main hunting mags of the day. He also spoke at all the major sportsman’s groups and conventions.

The forward of the book was written by none other than Craig Boddington, a testament to Jay’s popularity of the day.

While the book covers all species of North American deer, any mule deer hunter would be wise to read it. Jay had killed over 130 deer (50 of those were mule deer) by press time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.