Avery Adventures Podcast

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
We’re back! I accidentally deleted our whole thread on the tap-a-talk app a few months ago Whoops! So I’ll put up the links to all of our podcasts today. Meanwhile, check out our latest podcast on your favorite podcast app or listen on our website:
bit.ly/AApodcasts

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
We will be sitting down with Dean Capuano of Swarovski Optik in a couple of days. Any questions anyone wants us to ask???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

KClark

WKR
Yeah, throw this one at him:

Why did they discontinue the magnesium body spotting scopes and do they have plans to bring them back?

OP
Tanya Avery

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
We haven’t been able to sit down with Dean yet, so keep the questions coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My questions have all been mentioned above! 🙌🏻 But I wanted to elaborate.

1) Lightweight Spotting Scope??? I feel they are really missing out in this market. I’d pre-order one today! It has been a giant wish of mine for years. I just feel quality is really missing in current options from “competitors”

2) Stand Alone Rangefinder coming??? I’m a handheld rangefinder guy and would LOVE to have the new technology. The original Swaro handheld was a powerhouse in its day.

3) Plans to make a btx “straight” instead of the angled eye piece? It’s the old straight vs angled debate. I know I’d need a big tripod to get that thing up in the air, but Im already lugging a btx. Think giant set of binos. It would be a great addition to the guys like me that HATE angled but battle through as there is nothing really else. Variable power btx would be kick ass too!

sneaky

"DADDY"
My questions have all been mentioned above! But I wanted to elaborate.

1) Lightweight Spotting Scope??? I feel they are really missing out in this market. I’d pre-order one today! It has been a giant wish of mine for years. I just feel quality is really missing in current options from “competitors”

2) Stand Alone Rangefinder coming??? I’m a handheld rangefinder guy and would LOVE to have the new technology. The original Swaro handheld was a powerhouse in its day.

3) Plans to make a btx “straight” instead of the angled eye piece? It’s the old straight vs angled debate. I know I’d need a big tripod to get that thing up in the air, but Im already lugging a btx. Think giant set of binos. It would be a great addition to the guys like me that HATE angled but battle through as there is nothing really else. Variable power btx would be kick ass too!
The Kowa 553/554 series really has no competition in the lightweight class with the pure fluorite lenses. They aren't really a competitor for Swaro in that bracket, they're the leader. It's not like the Swaro 85 vs Kowa 88 debate.

Ryan, ask Dean why there are known issues with the Z5/Z3 series in regards to dialing and not returning to zero or tracking. Stepping up to the X series fixes that, but it's a crap shoot getting a Z3/5 that's dialable consistently.

Trav, you use mules, they should build you a straight BTX with a doubler and a beefy tripod head lol. Oh, and throw a 115 on there while you're at it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Ryan, you can also ask them what their replacement plan is for the SLCs they've discontinued.

Listened to the BAT episode today, nice work! I've never fondled one but am kind of longing for a BAT action.

Is there much data out there on their tactical actions in crappy (dusty/sandy) conditions?

Do they guarantee headspace on the bumblebee/vampire models?

Ryan, ask Dean why there are known issues with the Z5/Z3 series in regards to dialing and not returning to zero or tracking. Stepping up to the X series fixes that, but it's a crap shoot getting a Z3/5 that's dialable consistently.

Well there isn't really anyone else that does in the sub 20 ounce space either.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Just let Dean know that we expect a really big party for SHOT Show next year since they saved all the money from not having it this year. ;)

sneaky

"DADDY"
Well there isn't really anyone else that does in the sub 20 ounce space either.[/QUOTE]

Kind of defeats the purpose of doing custom turrets then, doesn't it? Why bother if it's going to be all over the board.

Kind of defeats the purpose of doing custom turrets then, doesn't it? Why bother if it's going to be all over the board.

Purpose of CDS turrets = sales to people who think they’re buying a shortcut.

By nature people who can’t figure out a MOA or Mil turret and buy a CDS aren’t as likely to diagnose a tracking problem either.