Awesome Mule Deer Year!

huntnful

WKR
Just wrapped up my 2020 season with an awesome, heavy, dark horned buck with double eye guards in the snow. I took these three bucks in three different states. The 30” buck in California, 4x4 buck in Idaho and the last buck in Montana. All general tags and killed several miles into the back country. I started big game hunting last year, and these awesome animals have 100% changed my life. The most humbling and physically/mentally tough challenge I’ve ever pursued.0DEB3CAD-7FDB-4793-AD35-55AA38AF25AD.png1B91D84D-02AE-4BF6-87D4-5F632EF5E73C.jpegD49DEEFE-15FF-4255-9A72-6C19371B2A87.jpeg

Very nice, well done sir!

What make/caliber rifle is that just out if curiosity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I started big game hunting last year, and these awesome animals have 100% changed my life. The most humbling and physically/mentally tough challenge I’ve ever pursued.
Three nice bucks in three states in one year is awesome. When you need a new adrenaline boost.......switch to bowhunting for an even greater rush. (y)

OP
huntnful

huntnful

WKR
Three nice bucks in three states in one year is awesome. When you need a new adrenaline boost.......switch to bowhunting for an even greater rush. (y)
94FE4D64-A223-40E9-845F-3B0452F583E4.jpeg94DA2316-EB8D-44A9-A9BC-D2220A4D1536.jpeg
I’ve bow hunted quite bit early season in the high country, just haven’t connected on a buck. Been damn close a few times though. It’s sure is fun too!!

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Love all those deer man awesome! Which zone did you snag the hybrid CA buck? That’s a particularly special deer for public land California these days. Good stuff!

OP
huntnful

huntnful

WKR
Love all those deer man awesome! Which zone did you snag the hybrid CA buck? That’s a particularly special deer for public land California these days. Good stuff!
Thanks dude! That buck is special for sure. I found him last year during archery season. He was a 28” 3x3. The Cali buck I was able to kill last year is my best “trophy” though. It was my first year hunting and I had hunted for 17 days before turning up this buck. He is what got me addicted. He also recently survived a mountain lion attack before I killed him. A true warrior. I can’t disclose the unit though. Sure you understand. 157BC9CA-C775-46AE-A833-A0E263BA44A2.jpeg

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Thanks dude! That buck is special for sure. I found him last year during archery season. He was a 28” 3x3. The Cali buck I was able to kill last year is my best “trophy” though. It was my first year hunting and I had hunted for 17 days before turning up this buck. He is what got me addicted. He also recently survived a mountain lion attack before I killed him. A true warrior. I can’t disclose the unit though. Sure you understand. View attachment 235012
That’s another great buck! Awesome job. No worries on disclosing anything not at all looking for any spots. See my post history as I help guys hunt here in CA, I don’t ask around for any honey hold. It is normal for CA hunters to let people know which zones they hunted and harvested bucks in though so not out of line for guys to ask and very common just FYI.

Since it’s only your 2nd year hunting you wouldn’t qualify for any of the X zones yet in points so those are fantastic bucks for any of Non draw zones. Good job man!

amassi

WKR
Congratulations on an awesome season

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

amassi

WKR
That’s another great buck! Awesome job. No worries on disclosing anything not at all looking for any spots. See my post history as I help guys hunt here in CA, I don’t ask around for any honey hold. It is normal for CA hunters to let people know which zones they hunted and harvested bucks in though so not out of line for guys to ask and very common just FYI.

Since it’s only your 2nd year hunting you wouldn’t qualify for any of the X zones yet in points so those are fantastic bucks for any of Non draw zones. Good job man!
Could have drawn a random x tag. Regardless if you want to help guys hunt here in Ca might want to keep units off a public forum with 10,000 hits a day

OP
huntnful

huntnful

WKR

Could have drawn a random x tag. Regardless if you want to help guys hunt here in Ca might want to keep units off a public forum with 10,000 hits a day

Yeah but you wont find many dudes working their asses off and killing giants in the backcountry disclosing their units too often. I know I'm new but I've spent over 150 days in the field the last two years. I learn the ropes quite quickly hahaha. I help dudes all the time. "There's big deer everywhere. Get high and glass for 5 days, you'll see one" lol. All joking aside, I found 5 150-160" deer last year. People want a secret recipe. No certain thing even remotely compares to time in the field and time behind the glass for me. I found em high and low. East slopes, west slopes, different feeding features and terrain. These guys just need to put some boots on the ground.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR

There are no exclusive “units” in California. Just simple zones. And I help guys every year, it’s what we do. Helped a guy tag out on his first buck in A zone this summer. Helped another guy shoot his first buck ever in Minnesota this fall. Actions speak louder than words on a forum.

Saying “I shot this buck in D3-5 or X9A” isn’t giving away a single thing at all. I totally respect OPs desire to not give away any information and agree whole heartedly that sharing too much info on a public forum isn’t a great idea.

Last edited:

amassi

WKR
There are no exclusive “units” in California. Just simple zones. And I help guys every year, it’s what we do. Helped a guy tag out on his first buck in A zone this summer. Helped another guy shoot his first buck ever in Minnesota this fall. Actions speak louder than words on a forum.
Cool keep up the good work

srfdmatty

Lil-Rokslider
Wow man congrats! Knocking down just one mature mule deer buck is pretty special let alone 3 in one year! Looks like your hard work definitely paid off. Keep it up.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

OP
huntnful

huntnful

WKR
Wow man congrats! Knocking down just one mature mule deer buck is pretty special let alone 3 in one year! Looks like your hard work definitely paid off. Keep it up.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
No, sure isn’t.
Thank you dude! It sure takes a lot of work, but is so rewarding!

Hahaha definitely not the norm for anyone ACTUALLY HUNTING big bucks. Maybe dudes driving the roads and shit lol.