Awesome Newfoundland Moose hunt with Effords Hunting Adventures

Tjwjr89

FNG
Just got home from an awesome fly in hunt with effords hunting adventures. First off Newfoundland is beautiful and anyone given the chance should go. We had bad weather from the start and flew into camp a day late because of it. Bad winds all week but our guides worked hard and we were just as willing to put the same effort in. I shot a stud 42" non typical 17 point the 3rd morning of the hunt and the other 3 guys all tagged out the next couple days. The guides never gave up and we filled our 4th camp tag at 11am the last day. Our camp cook was absolutely fabulous and even after hiking 30 miles im sure I gained weight. We had a main camp we were flown in to then branched out and hunted from spike camps.

Attachments

• KIMG1267.JPG
    KIMG1267.JPG
    266.3 KB · Views: 168
  • KIMG1270.JPG
    KIMG1270.JPG
    276.7 KB · Views: 169
  • KIMG1326.JPG
    KIMG1326.JPG
    333.3 KB · Views: 154
  • KIMG1286.JPG
    KIMG1286.JPG
    305.3 KB · Views: 146
  • KIMG1331.JPG
    KIMG1331.JPG
    252.4 KB · Views: 145
  • KIMG1281.JPG
    KIMG1281.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 134
OP
T

Tjwjr89

FNG
That’s awesome. I’ve been looking at doing a trip to NFL, I heard the moose numbers were down though. Did you see a lot ?
I seen 4 good bulls and a lot of cows. I heard guys from a different camp same outfitter say they were really upset and didn't see anything but I know our willingness played a large part in our success.

That’s awesome. I’ve been looking at doing a trip to NFL, I heard the moose numbers were down though. Did you see a lot ?

I hunted the west side of NL, not Effords. 1 full week, I saw 2 moose during shooting hours. One was 1500 yards away and spooked. The other was 300 yards, & I couldn't get a shot off. The 2 other moose I saw was 5 am, in the dark. I would have shot anything, spike or cow, or whatever. Are the Moose #'s down... I have no idea, but the guide was disappointed as well.

dutch_henry

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats on a great hunt in a beautiful part of the world. You're giving me something to think about while I'm stuck here at work.

Hesseltine32

Lil-Rokslider

Guides told us numbers are way down from 10 years ago. Also said they are going to be reducing outfitter moose licenses next year. I just finished up 2 days ago and hunted 5 days before tagging out saw 21 moose. Out of the 5 days I lost a afternoon and next morning of hunting do to fog. Good days when not windy was seeing 4-5 bulls a day. Really windy when I was there and moose stayed in the woods a lot more then.

GatorMike

FNG
Just got home from an awesome fly in hunt with effords hunting adventures. First off Newfoundland is beautiful and anyone given the chance should go. We had bad weather from the start and flew into camp a day late because of it. Bad winds all week but our guides worked hard and we were just as willing to put the same effort in. I shot a stud 42" non typical 17 point the 3rd morning of the hunt and the other 3 guys all tagged out the next couple days. The guides never gave up and we filled our 4th camp tag at 11am the last day. Our camp cook was absolutely fabulous and even after hiking 30 miles im sure I gained weight. We had a main camp we were flown in to then branched out and hunted from spike camps.

How does the 2/1 work? If you see a large Bull how is it determined who gets the Moose?