Axcel 3 or 5 pin slider?

Hey guys, I'm looking into a new bow this year but for sure at the very least I want to upgrade a few things on my current bow, first being a new sight.

My local shop promotes the Axcels pretty hard and they seem like very a well designed product. I am wanting to go with a multipin that has a slider for longer stuff and curious on a 3 or 5 pin.

I am using a 5 pin axion currently and 95% of the time I dont have an issue with shooting the right pin(we all screw it up every now and then), point being I'm not terribly worried about the sight being busy if I got with 5 pin.

Which do you prefer and why, also would you do a 10 yard pin on either setup?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

OR Archer

WKR
If you’re comfortable now with 5 pins I say stick to that. I run 5 on my slider as well.
10 yard pins are useless so don’t bother.

I run an axcel acutouch. My old sight was a 5 pin fixed. I started single pin on the axcel and swapped to a 3 pin. Couldn’t dial fast enough. I swapped it to a 5 pin - they added 2 pins. I now have 10-20, 30, 40, 50 and 60 plus I can slide. No dialing needed for most hunting situations. Best of all worlds to me.

fatlander

WKR
Sounds like a Montana Black Gold would fit your needs a lot better. Axcel makes a great sight, especially with the finer tuning adjustments on their hunting sights that have leaked over from their target lines. However, the MBG has brighter pins, tougher pins, and is going to be cheaper.

I’ve had both.

I hunt, no 3D or spots, and I’ve got two bows that both have MBG ascents verdicts on them. Just something to think about.

No need for a ten yard pin. If you’re used to 5 stick with five. The slider comes in during practice. If you can put arrows on target at 100, 50 yard shots are cake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
Go with the five. Gives you all the options. I wouldn't recommend an Axcel slider for a hunting sight. If you are stuck on Axcel I've got a five pin Carbon Accutouch I'll sell.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

CaliforniaMuley209

Lil-Rokslider
I have the CBE 3 pin slider and really like it. 30 40 50 pins. My bow shoots flat so I did away with the 20 since I hunt spot and stalk. Just how I do it all personal preference.

OP
H
Go with the five. Gives you all the options. I wouldn't recommend an Axcel slider for a hunting sight. If you are stuck on Axcel I've got a five pin Carbon Accutouch I'll sell.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Shoot me a PM.

Just to clarify a little guys, I know some have voiced concerns of the toughness of these sights. I wont be backpacking with this sight anytime soon.

I'm just getting started in archery hunting so it's mostly walking 1/2 a mile to a feeder type deal to shoot hogs, as well as shooting 3Ds for hunting practice.
Any backpacking stuff will be done with a rifle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk