Axcel Accutouch CarbonPro Thoughts?

bat-cave

WKR
I'm curious if anyone here has any experience shooting one of these. It looks like a nice setup, but I haven't actually laid hands on one as of yet. Currently shooting a Fast Eddie XL .. great sight and I like dovetail mounts ... but bloody heavy. My experience has also been that heavier doesn't equal more durable. Just looking at options now that my hunting seasons are done for the year.

mrgreen

WKR
I have the Accutouch/ Accustat Carbon Pro 5 pin. It's light, doesn't make noise on the shot. I haven't dropped or abused it so I can't speak to the durability (I've had it 2 years). The only thing I don't like is the bulky design of the rheostat-housing makes it a little tougher to confirm that the sight is centered in the peep.

I also have a Hogg It, I prefer that style of housing.

If/when I get another sight it'll probably be the BG Pro dovetail.

jmez

WKR
Had one and sold it. It doesn't stay in the home position if you beat it around on back country hunts. Mine went to the mountains once. Every time my bow came off the pack I had to unlock it and dial it back where it belonged. I sent it back to Axcel because I thought there must be something wrong with it. They rebuilt the head and locking mechanism and it didn't help.

Very precise and easy to adjust. Doesn't stay where you put it when you beat it around.

I have a non carbon version. Nice set. A bit complex. I haven’t had any failures but it doesn’t have that rock steady feeling. Dialing isn’t as easy as I hoped under field conditions. So, I started with a 3 pin head and after muffing the dial on two longer hunting shots (user error) I had two more pins added. 20-30-40-50-60 covers all my hunting distances and then some. I really only dial it for long practice now.

jmez

WKR
CBE is a much better hunting sight. I've had mine for several years with 0 issues. No plans on replacing it.

I tried the carbon accutouch, like I said above, very precise and an engineering marvel. CBE is a far better hunting sight.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Dshaft171

FNG
CBE is a much better hunting sight. I've had mine for several years with 0 issues. No plans on replacing it.

I tried the carbon accutouch, like I said above, very precise and an engineering marvel. CBE is a far better hunting sight.

Sweet!! Great info. Just bought a CBE over the Axcel! Wish there was a “plug” to fill the light hole on it as I can’t run a light here in Colorado

OP
bat-cave

bat-cave

WKR

What about the CBE specifically makes it a better hunting sight? Not debating, just curious as to your take.

Thanks!

jmez

WKR
I'll add that with the CBE you would need a hammer to move it when locked. It will also stay put when unlocked.

When the Axcel is unlocked you can just tap on the riser and the head will move down and fall completely out of the sight.

The only time my CBE has ever moved is when I turn the handle. That includes times I've forgotten to lock it back down
CBE head also has more travel than the Axcel.

WKR
I think jmez got a bad one.

I have 2 of them and have never had it move a mm when I didn't want it to. I have one carbon pro, and one fixed length bracket, and neither one has ever been a problem, not even one time.

jmez

WKR
I may have. Be more inclined to think that had it returned from the factory any better than when I sent it in.

worx53

WKR
I have an axcel and the cbe ...getting rid of the axcel. The 3rd axis adjustment won't stay put and is difficult to get set . Keep in mind this is also during Backcountry hunts not carrying and hanging in the whitetail stand. They really need to make a larger diameter machined circle which would lock down harder with larger screws and give a more precise/ finer adjustment for that 3rd axis. The cbe is downright built tougher.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk