Axis 4mm Spine?

emmagator

Lil-Rokslider
Havent found much info on how the spine is on these shafts. Im going try some of these out and considering going with the 250 spine. Im currently running around 70lbs, with a 28" arrow, 29" draw. Im not sure what ill run for outsert, but minimum of 50gr with the easton outsert and 100gr broadhead.

I currently run the 340 axis 5mm, but ive read that the 4mm has a thicker wall, which will provide a stiffer spine. Will the 250's be too stiff?

gelton

WKR
I would think they would be too stiff with that setup. If you load up the front to 200+ grains then it might work.

I was considering running 75# mods and .250 spine and I had to have 250 grains upfront with a 28.5" draw for it to spine out according to AA.

1622817492355.png

Spine is spine regardless of the arrow make/model. If 5mm Axis in 340 spine is working for you, there's no reason to think you need to spine up/down when switching to 4mm Axis (unless you're also changing other variables like point weight or arrow length).

NXTZ

Lil-Rokslider
Fwiw, I decided to grab a dozen of the 4mm axis to try out. Was shooting a 260 spine 5mm axis, bow was tuned to those. Went with the 250 spine 4mm, cut the same length carbon to carbon (half out added some length). Didn’t have to adjust my tune at all, and Broadhead flight remained comparable/maybe a slight improvement.
I will say that I have already bent a couple half outs from either something hard in a target, or from smashing arrows together-BUT those same impacts could have also wrecked my 5mm axis.

slamdmini

FNG
shot 400s before, and still do with the 4mm axis. i use iron will inserts cuz i hate halfouts/outserts. the deep six really narrows down the broadhead selection, but the broadheads i was using before came in deep 6 as well