Axis Deer- Texas

DEW0341

WKR
I wouldn’t even waste my time with the Texas Draw…. It’s pretty much impossible. Stick to paying for access on a private ranch and you’ll be knee deep in Axis whenever you want!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The draw odds are crap but I’m used to putting in for western states and dealing with the Wait. Just trying to maximize opportunity. Closest ranch near where I’ll be living it costs 400$ for a doe axis. Is this pretty much normal?

The draw odds are crap but I’m used to putting in for western states and dealing with the Wait. Just trying to maximize opportunity. Closest ranch near where I’ll be living it costs 400$ for a doe axis. Is this pretty much normal?

The draw odds are phenomenally worse than “crap” but then again can’t win if you don’t play. I take more issue with the style of hunting Texas provides which is some guy drives you out to a blind, sit there and wait, and then drive back. My personal preference is a more western approach of glassing and spot and stalk.

Anyways, yeah 400 for a doe is pretty much what I’ve found throughout hill country. I have seen places that will drop them down to 250 or so if you’re paying for a buck.

DCT1983

Lil-Rokslider
Well now I am disappointed. I read this whole thread thinking I was going to get an update on how the hunt went and ................Notta!