AZ Archery Elk

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was lucky enough to draw on my first attempt, zero points, Arizona Archery tag Sept. 15th-30th. This is also my first “western” hunt and obviously first elk hunt. I bow hunt whitetails in the South and chase turkeys in the Spring. I have been reading all I can on the area (forum info, Onx, GoHunt, etc.) and I’m aware it is an unconventional style hunt with the Unit being centralized around the area. I like doing stuff on my own so I’m not looking for any handouts, but if anyone has any good information or advice on the area, expectations, herd numbers/health, problems with locals (common issue here in the South), or if there is anything outside the box I should know. Just trying to gather all I can and any information is appreciated. Thanks fellas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dirtscoots

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats on your draw. You should look into some threads involving unit numbers. I believe one is like 3 below yours. A lot of opinions I’m not going to get into that but you may want to re phrase your questions or this will get deleted. The moderators are working double time this time of year. I got lucky with an Arizona tag last year. I was able to go out and find elk. I’m sure same to you.

OP
FINONYMOUS
Congrats on your draw. You should look into some threads involving unit numbers. I believe one is like 3 below yours. A lot of opinions I’m not going to get into that but you may want to re phrase your questions or this will get deleted. The moderators are working double time this time of year. I got lucky with an Arizona tag last year. I was able to go out and find elk. I’m sure same to you.
Thanks for the heads up. I can’t figure out how to edit the post.

OP
FINONYMOUS
Bottom left of your post. Three dots with down arrow. If on Tapatalk I don’t know but I believe it also involves clicking on three dots to access the menu.
View attachment 565027
My reply allows me to edit but the initial post does not have the 3 dots… I guess I can repost if it will be deleted anyway or request moderator to delete.

BBob

WKR
My reply allows me to edit but the initial post does not have the 3 dots… I guess I can repost if it will be deleted anyway or request moderator to delete.
Ah! Mby you can’t edit the original post? Never tried. A mod should be along to edit out the unit number and perhaps give you the welcome message :)

And, you should have fun on that hunt 😀

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Edited. I still have to lock this per the rules.

“Welcome to Rokslide. You should take an opportunity to look around a bit and you'll find this community is pretty awesome.

Now unfortunately we aren't letting FNG's (new guys) post up unit specific questions. Any unit question/answers remain out in the world wide webs forever, which can doom some really great spots.

Rokslide's administrations expectation is that all long standing Rokslide members will understand and support this concept and take all such conversations to private message.

Yes it's a hassle to join and be part of this community but the rewards are worth the effort including the ability to send and receive private messages.

Hope to see you active in the forums, and good luck on your hunt!”

Status
Not open for further replies.