Az Bull Tag!!!!

Kanderson

FNG
Well got pretty darn lucky and drew an 11m bull tag first season! Never hunted az before but from what I’m seeing lots of ppl like to sit water tanks. Going to try to get up there sometime in July or august to scout for a weekend or two since it’s only 7 hrs away. Is this really a hunt that you’d shoot the first bull you saw on? From what I’ve seen people have harvested some really nice bulls and it boarders great units all around. I’ll be in touch with the biologist as well. I’d appreciate any input or intel and if not, it was worth a shot! Hopefully I’ll be updating this post in sept with a stud bull and what would be my first archery elk! Super pumped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats
Well got pretty darn lucky and drew an 11m bull tag first season! Never hunted az before but from what I’m seeing lots of ppl like to sit water tanks. Going to try to get up there sometime in July or august to scout for a weekend or two since it’s only 7 hrs away. Is this really a hunt that you’d shoot the first bull you saw on? From what I’ve seen people have harvested some really nice bulls and it boarders great units all around. I’ll be in touch with the biologist as well. I’d appreciate any input or intel and if not, it was worth a shot! Hopefully I’ll be updating this post in sept with a stud bull and what would be my first archery elk! Super pumped

Awesome good luck

OP
Jacobo2012

Jacobo2012

Lil-Rokslider
How did you do?

Great! It was. Tough hunt but managed to get it done

After 10 days of hard hard hunting I was able to finally get a shot off! Logged 91.9 miles in 10 days of hunting and 6000 feet of elevation gain! We were able to find and get on elk every single day but one day. And had multiple encounters on multiple days. Seen some of the biggest bulls I’ve ever seen in my life and got to chase a few big ones. Called in a few satellite bulls but could never get a clean shot on them. Blew more than a few stalks. And learned a ton
I had an opportunity at a huge 7x7 one night but it was right at last light and my rangefinder wouldn’t pick up its figure I’d guess he was 50-70 yards perfectly broadside and his 12 cows were probably 30or 40 yds from me. Went back the next day to catch them coming up to feed again and ran into to this little bull he let me slip in to about 40 yards and was in a triangle of trees I set my second pin at 37 stayed behind a pine tree he got up out of his bed stepped out into a clearing and stopped I drew back and held waiting for him to step out and he didn’t so I side stepped three times while at full draw aimed and shot!
He went 20 yards and stopped and was throwing up blood out of nose and mouth i though awesome perfect lung shot but saw no sign of a wound on his body he went over a little ridge and I heard him crash!
Come to find out I was quite a bit right and hit him in the jugular
Just a little bull but he’ll fill the freezer and I’m more than happy with him for my first archery elk!
8cd4c21dea6f527e3f6b6b1fba4e1a7c.jpg

danny6172

FNG
Congrats on your first archery bull. Seems like you had a challenging hunt. It’s awesome you were able to come home with some meat and some cool memories