AZ clues deer hunting in August

rpm4463

Lil-Rokslider
This January I did not fill my AZ archery tag but I'll get another chance in August. In previous years I go in December but that won't work out this year. Late December and January is the rut for coues deer and I've had about 50% success rate. There are other hunters during January but I've never bumped into anybody while hunting. I know deer behavior and patterns will be different, but I'm curious to know what the hunting pressure is like during the August archery season in AZ? I'll probably be in unit 23.
Thanks!

bohntr28

FNG
Unit 23 is one of the most popular deer units in the state and it is close to Phoenix. It is also pretty warm that time of year. I think many archery hunters head up to higher elevation to try and escape the heat. One of the most used techniques for the August hunt is sitting water so tanks will be in high demand. I don't think there will be more hunters out in August than in January but they will be more concentrated if that makes sense.

OP
R

rpm4463

Lil-Rokslider
Ok, thanks for the information. I generally hunt from a tree stand in travel corridors and have good success so I'll probably do the same thing.