AZ Coues Deer Hunt

Here are some photos from a Coues hunt I did last week. These deer were a blast to hunt and I am already trying to find an excuse to go back next January. We had a great time down there. If you are on the fence about trying to hunt these deer, DO IT! They are so much fun. Anyhow, here are the photos.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

OP
Nick Muche
attachment.php

I shot my buck on the 3rd day of the hunt. Day one I saw around 8 doe's and no bucks. One Coati Mundi that I wanted to shoot on video but he never came into the area I had the camera pointed. He was 15 yards away and I am still kicking myself for not taking the shot or even a picture!!

Day 2 I saw 34 does and 3 bucks. All of which were spikes but they were chasing and grunting all day! It was a great day in the stand.

On Day 3, Trkyslr (Chris Stone) came out to video me as he killed his the day prior. We had very little action and it rained all day. However; at 2pm a doe came by and she had a nice buck in tow. I decided I would take him. A 44 yard shot found it's mark and the deer dropped in it's tracks. I was aiming right on the shoulder thinking he would duck, he did and the arrow hit him a bit forward, somehow it got the spine or something in the neck, he went no where!

Great hunt all around, I had a blast!

attachment.php

attachment.php

OP
Nick Muche
The deer are tiny!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

I wish the water spots could have been dealt with on the lens, but it was pouring rain and no matter what we did they continued to show up. Either way, I think it adds character... :)

attachment.php

Not a huge buck, but my first Coues and with the bow... What more could you ask for?

Thanks for taking the time to follow along.

Nick

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congrats nick! I can't see photos though...

Any coues with a bow is a heck of an accomplishment. That's on 2014 hitlist

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good buck really been thinking of hunting one of these and enjoying some Arizona weather in the winter

trkyslr

WKR
Congrats again compadre and if my computer/internet stop acting up ill add more pics to this thread. Its was good times for sure!

Craig4791

WKR
Congrats! I just went on my first Coues hunt in December and had a great time chasing those bucks. Hoping to go again next January if I can get the time off.

I can't see the pics either though just as an FYI.

bowuntr

WKR
I can't see the pics... but I all ready seen them. You are bad ass... Congrats. Fun little deer to hunt and one of the hardest to bag with a bow. Congrats. Ed F

kparrott

Lil-Rokslider
I thought that might be a fun hunt next year to get out of Ohio's cold winter... But we don't have any snow on the ground currently! Looks like a fun/tough hunt, congrats!!