AZ Draw Confusion

IdahoHntr

WKR
AZ has a 365 day license, and every year for 5 years the app deadline closes one day sooner, then it resets back. Buy the license on Feb 9 and it will be good on the app deadline of Feb 8 2022. Been doing it for years despite all the bad info people tend to post on the internet.

Utah also has a 365 day license allowing the two year span, but does not require a license to hunt.

So I have heard this same thing about Utah from several people, but haven't been able to find where it says you don't need a license to hunt? Can anybody help me out here. Should be hunting there this year again and would save me the money of another license.

I was looking at the licensing page on their website and it sure sounds like you need a license to hunt from what they have there. Here's the link and paragraph I'm talking about:

"All hunters must possess either a valid Basic Hunting License or a Combination License before purchasing a more specific hunting permit. A Basic Hunting License is required to hunt Utah game animals... In addition to either of these two licenses, many game animals require an additional hunting permit."

I bolded the portion I'm referring to, but that definitely makes it sound like you need a license AND a permit to hunt game animals in Utah. If it says something different somewhere else, I'm all for it, but I just haven't been able to find where it states that you can hunt without a license in Utah.

Blackcats06

Lil-Rokslider
So I have heard this same thing about Utah from several people, but haven't been able to find where it says you don't need a license to hunt? Can anybody help me out here. Should be hunting there this year again and would save me the money of another license.

I was looking at the licensing page on their website and it sure sounds like you need a license to hunt from what they have there. Here's the link and paragraph I'm talking about:

"All hunters must possess either a valid Basic Hunting License or a Combination License before purchasing a more specific hunting permit. A Basic Hunting License is required to hunt Utah game animals... In addition to either of these two licenses, many game animals require an additional hunting permit."

I bolded the portion I'm referring to, but that definitely makes it sound like you need a license AND a permit to hunt game animals in Utah. If it says something different somewhere else, I'm all for it, but I just haven't been able to find where it states that you can hunt without a license in Utah.
As long as your license was valid on the date you submitted your big game permit application, you don’t have to purchase a new license for the actual hunt. For example, assume that your license expires on June 21, 2020. If you applied for permits on Feb. 28, 2020, then you do not have to purchase a new license for your hunt in the fall. Please keep in mind that Utah hunting and combination licenses are valid for 365 days from the date of purchase. You also have the option of purchasing a multi-year license that’s valid for up to five years. New this year: Starting July 1

That was from page 13 in the 2020 Utah Big Game field regulations

archp625

WKR
Anyone else log in and it shows zero bonus points?
If anyone has had this happen Keep calling them until its fixed. I took me multiple phone calls and several emails. I finally got a lady that was super nice and knew what the issue was. I guess when they migrated over to the new website some peoples points didnt transfer over.

IdahoHntr

WKR
As long as your license was valid on the date you submitted your big game permit application, you don’t have to purchase a new license for the actual hunt. For example, assume that your license expires on June 21, 2020. If you applied for permits on Feb. 28, 2020, then you do not have to purchase a new license for your hunt in the fall. Please keep in mind that Utah hunting and combination licenses are valid for 365 days from the date of purchase. You also have the option of purchasing a multi-year license that’s valid for up to five years. New this year: Starting July 1

That was from page 13 in the 2020 Utah Big Game field regulations

Thanks for the help! Must have just overlooked it.

Blackcats06

Lil-Rokslider
If anyone has had this happen Keep calling them until its fixed. I took me multiple phone calls and several emails. I finally got a lady that was super nice and knew what the issue was. I guess when they migrated over to the new website some peoples points didnt transfer over.
Your bonus points are in the system, they just haven't moved everything from the old system to the new system yet. They've really f ed things up this time. But i do believe everything is going to be just fine

archp625

WKR
Your bonus points are in the system, they just haven't moved everything from the old system to the new system yet. They've really f ed things up this time. But i do believe everything is going to be just fine
You are correct. They were there just said I didn’t have any when I logged into my portal. The lady on the phone was able to get it to where I can see them on my portal and it matched my spreadsheet. Just made me nervous going into draw season not being able to see them.

Sekora

Lil-Rokslider
I tried all morning unsuccessfully. I just logged back on and was able to buy my point. The website must have been down earlier.

Usi05

WKR
First time in for AZ. Figured I can pull out my rabbits feet and all that and start accumulating points.

This CC stuff makes me nervous. So I used my trusty amazon card. I shouldn't need to go in and update anything at this point. Is that correct? I see a lot reminders about it in the brochure.

My portal says I haven't applied but I got an email with a receipt. This stuff stresses me out. lol

Last edited:

Dirtscoots

Lil-Rokslider
I had to sign in as a guest to buy a license I couldn’t get through on phone What a pain you have to re log in for every species.

204guy

WKR
My portal account is all messed up. Says I haven't applied since 2018. Only bonus points I have are my loyalty points. I'm a 6' 180lb 5 year old 😃, so the only license I could buy was a youth. Spent a couple hrs in the que trying to get through on the phone last 2 days and never got through.

Luckily I was able to bypass my portal account buy everything I needed....I hope

BBob

WKR
First time in for AZ. Figured I can pull out my rabbits feet and all that and start accumulating points.

This CC stuff makes me nervous. So I used my trusty amazon card. I shouldn't need to go in and update anything at this point. Is that correct? I see a lot reminders about it in the brochure.

My portal says I haven't applied but I got an email with a receipt. This stuff stresses me out. lol
They used to call you if there was a problem with a CC but way too many people applying now so they warn you to verify your card before the draw. If it's no good at the time of the draw it's on you not them.

That's the way the portal has been forever, wish they would fix it so it shows you've applied. All we ever get is the receipt.

slim9300

WKR
For those that applied for an elk hunt. Does this show in your portal? Or does it show that you applied for a hunt? I have the email confirmation, but I’m trying to figure out if I need to call.

4aa3e73f3e8789aa25e8d708396c8dc2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk