AZ Draw Confusion

Blackcats06

Lil-Rokslider
I called them yesterday not realizing it was MLK Day. But the phone told me the amount of bonus points I have and it matches my spreadsheet. I haven't had time today to give them a call. I keep a PDF of all my receipts so I should be good.
Guess is this week

Blackcats06

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you, it would be nice if they would publish application open dates in addition to deadlines somewhere. It would save a lot of confusion. I wish they would move to something more like WY.
They do. It’s in the reg book

Blackcats06

Lil-Rokslider
Is the 2/28 date correct for current license? AZ personnel said application deadline, or 2/9 for 2021, is the date. Anybody have clarification?
What you talking about ? Your license has to be good the day the draw closes. For elk this year it’s 2/9

Blackcats06

Lil-Rokslider
AZ has a 365 day license, and every year for 5 years the app deadline closes one day sooner, then it resets back. Buy the license on Feb 9 and it will be good on the app deadline of Feb 8 2022. Been doing it for years despite all the bad info people tend to post on the internet.

Utah also has a 365 day license allowing the two year span, but does not require a license to hunt.
Utah not requiring a new license to hunt is crazy to me. But I take full advantage

OP
rootacres

rootacres

WKR
Is the 2/28 date correct for current license? AZ personnel said application deadline, or 2/9 for 2021, is the date. Anybody have clarification?
I probably misread. I cant seem to find it now. It probably said 2/9 and I read it as the end of February.

wapitibob

WKR
[/QUOTE]
Where in the reg book do they have application open dates? I am only seeing the deadline.

They don't publish the Elk app start date nor have they since they started accepting online apps.

I have the Elk regs back to 2004 and the opening data for online apps (2012 +) is always listed as
"mid January"

Untitled.jpg

Looks like they’re open. I started my license on 2/5/2021. Can I use this same license next year to apply as long as it’s before 2/5/2022 or should have I started it on the 9th?

Also, when does the application process usually open for deer?

wapitibob

WKR
The license won't be valid for next years Elk draw, you should have started the license on Feb 9.
Deer is in their Fall Draw, deadline should be June 8.

OP
rootacres

rootacres

WKR

They don't publish the Elk app start date nor have they since they started accepting online apps.

I have the Elk regs back to 2004 and the opening data for online apps (2012 +) is always listed as
"mid January"

View attachment 254940
[/QUOTE]

Ok so they don't publish application open dates.

Like I stated before, it would be nice if they would, there'd be less confusion. For those applying for the 1st or 2nd time, not since 2012 some dates would be useful.

oake

Lil-Rokslider
Not trying to hijack this thread...but if you utilize the every other year hunting license purchase and are only purchasing bonus points are you jeopardizing your possibilities at gaining the loyalty point??

Thanks