AZ elk app

Scoot

WKR
I've paid the full price for an AZ license when I apply for elk each year. I know you can pay every other year, so long as your license is still valid on the day of the deadline. I've been chicken to do this in the past, but I kinda feel like I'm throwing money away at this point. I just want to make sure I understand this right, so I don't miss a point and lose my loyalty point...

I currently don't have a valid license (mine from last year expired). So this year in the application process when I'm asked what date I would like my license to become effective on, I should choose the date of the deadline (Feb. 8th), correct?

If I do the above, next year as long as the deadline is on Feb. 7th or before, I not need to purchase another license. Right?

I just don't want to screw this up...

Not worth it imo.

You can’t build deer points every year that way, or throw your hat into sheep draws on the years your license expires

With AZ cutting down on OTC archery units deer points will be a great future investment. Some world class coues and Muleys in AZ.

wapitibob

WKR
If I do the above, next year as long as the deadline is on Feb. 7th or before, I not need to purchase another license. Right?

Sort of. Next years deadline kicks back and will be Feb 14 so this years license is a one and done. As far as throwing money away, yep. If you just do Elk buy on the last day of the draw next year and it'll be good for 2024 as well. If you choose to do all draws, you buy at the close of Elk the first year, then buy at the close of Deer the 2nd year. That gives you E/D/E on a license then do D/E/D on the 2nd license.

OP
Scoot

Scoot

WKR
Sort of. Next years deadline kicks back and will be Feb 14 so this years license is a one and done. As far as throwing money away, yep. If you just do Elk buy on the last day of the draw next year and it'll be good for 2024 as well. If you choose to do all draws, you buy at the close of Elk the first year, then buy at the close of Deer the 2nd year. That gives you E/D/E on a license then do D/E/D on the 2nd license.
Makes perfect sense- thank you!