AZ Elk draw

email came out last night that the draw is processing currently so I would guess if its not today it will be Monday.

wweaver

FNG
I was really hoping the AZ would hit cards before Utah Is due, not like I will draw anything however.

Blackcow

WKR
Last year there were 194,000 total apps( hunt and bonus), and 153,000 hunt apps. Be interesting to see the numbers after the draw and see if the increase is from people dumping points, or just new apps

j_volt

WKR
I am sure the chance of my card getting hit this weekend is low, but I still keep checking. I have never wanted to spend money this bad (expect for last year).

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Last year there were 194,000 total apps( hunt and bonus), and 153,000 hunt apps. Be interesting to see the numbers after the draw and see if the increase is from people dumping points, or just new apps
I believe the total was 170,000. that means 14% of people will get a tag....

Blackcow

WKR
Oh I know. Not quite what I was saying. In 2020 there were 153,000 applications, and this year there were 170,000, which is their 17,000 increase. What I was saying was there is also the other number. The total hunt apps plus bonus point apps. In 2020, it was 194,000. Most years it’s around that 40,000 mark for bonus point apps. I was just saying I was curious to see if it stayed the same, and there would be 210,000ish total, or go down, which makes me think at least some people building points decided to cash them in. Unscientific, I know, and doesn’t help your odds THIS year I know. It’s easier to see when people sit the draw out and apply for points like in 2018, where hunt apps dropped a bit and bonus points went up.

wweaver

FNG
Great.....Thanks for the update. Well I guess it time to pony up and put in for New Mexico. There are worse problems in life than drawing overlapping quality elk tags with similar dates. Fingers crossed.

PowellSixO

Lil-Rokslider
Draw to be conducted next week...I called em.
I heard they’re going to conduct the draw on a day that ends in day. If anyone wants to know the exact time, wait until your credit card is hit, then run to the nearest clock and check the time. 👍👍