AZ Elk Tag Unit 22...

IZZY

FNG
so I put in for unit 22 archery only hunt number 03137 Sep 13 - Sep 26, 2013...and I got drawn...anyone ever hunt this area? What is it like? What are the likely hood of me being successful...I am bringing my hunting buddy from Texas, but am also thinking I should get an outfitter/guide...any advice will be great...good luck to every one..

Slim Jim

WKR
I haven't hunted elk in 22 but I do hunt muleys in the southern region of the unit. Coming north from Vegas, I pass through the north part of the unit and have seen elk going through Pine and Strawberry. I've heard it's really good around there but I bet the AZ guys on here will chime in with better info

OP
I

IZZY

FNG
I am in AZ and I do plan on spending a lot of weekends up in Payson...my plan is to scout the northern part of the unit as much as possible...since I only live about 3.5 hrs away, I plan on going up a lot during the weekends, especially 3 day weekends...I am just stoked about the fact that I got drawn the first time I applied and just want to see what others think of the unit....