AZ Hunter Safety Course Bonus Point

Does anyone know if AZ is currently offering the field day portion of the hunter safety course? I have an airline voucher that must be used by March and was thinking of flying to AZ to take the course. When I checked online for dates nothing was coming up no matter what city I put in. Are they currently not offering them due to Covid or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZGFD implemented an ethics course new this year ($300 NR and $150 Res). You take it online and are not required to complete a field day. This offers hunters an alternative to secure the lifetime hunter ed bp without having to fly in for a field day. Should relieve some pressure on field day availability for youth still trying to take the traditional hunter ed.

Question- if you have hunter Ed in another state does that carry over if you want to hunt Arizona? Or do you have to have an Arizona hunter Ed to hunt Arizona?

Thanks.

bohntr

WKR
You do not need a hunter education course to hunt in Arizona. However, if you want to earn a permanent bonus point, you MUST take a course from Arizona (hunter Ed or ethics course) to earn that point. Out-of-state hunter Ed courses will not qualify for a permanent bonus point.

PGWest

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know if AZ is currently offering the field day portion of the hunter safety course? I have an airline voucher that must be used by March and was thinking of flying to AZ to take the course. When I checked online for dates nothing was coming up no matter what city I put in. Are they currently not offering them due to Covid or something?

@elkhunter94 I don't know that your question ever got answered and I am in the same boat. I would rather put $300 towards an actual weekend in AZ and do the field portion vs just paying $300 essentially for a bonus point. I talked to AZ fish and game and it sounds like they still offer the field day portion and try to schedule them every 45 ish days. Sounds like they are trying to schedule some for the end of Feb/Early March, so be on the look up. I know sign ups in the past have filled up very quick.