AZ Mule Deer

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to see who there their names in the hat for Arizona Mule Deer. I finally decided to give it a try and if I don't get anything then I can pick up an OTC tag and get a deer hunt in still this year since I didn't draw Colorado.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I applied for muzzleloader down there with 8 points. AZ has some great bucks, hope to get to chase one someday.

Daniel Bybee

Lil-Rokslider
Put in for the strip archery but will most likely be hunting the otc hunts, probably in the central desert.

Slim Jim

WKR
I purchase OTC archery tags and hunt areas 22 and 23. I will be hunting AZ after my mule deer hunt in NV, the last week of their early hunt September 13th and again for the late hunt in January. Great place to hunt and if not successful on early hunt you can go back on the same tag for the late hunt in December during the rut! The game and fish biologists for AZ are really cool and full of info. They really want to help.

OP
Evan Williams
I figured that 12A/B would be a good one if I drew. 5% NR tag allocation (35 tags) and according to Monster Mulies I have over a 25% chance of drawing so...I thought that those were decent odds and if I don't get it I have family in Kingman and a great buddy and family in Scottsdale.

Slim Jim

WKR
Hey Evan,
I know this is an AZ thread but I see that you hunt CO. I hunt NV and AZ and have always wanted to hunt the high alpine basins of Colorado. Do you have any info on where I should get started and how many years approximately will I have to wait? I hear unit 55 is good with only one point needed but not positive. Would love to hunt the giants of CO.