AZ non-res draw help

lonedave

WKR
There's great trophy bucks outside of the designated wilderness area. But, there's tons of access pounts into the wilderness area, besides Rogers. The outfitter I use down there kills some really great bucks outside of the wilderness, though.
Thanks for the info. Yeah, from the little hike I took after the truck flatted, I saw some nice looking country, so it’s probably a matter of gaining some elevation away from the road and spotting, move-repeat, move-repeat, move-repeat, and have a little luck! It should be fun! I think I’ll start by contacting AZFW and maybe talking to a local bio. Also, I need to get ahold of the Tonto Forest and see what accesses are open and what new road damage there is.

Well, I put in for sheep and deer this year for the first time and obviously didn’t draw sheep. I did draw th Nov 4 - 10th hunt for Coues in 24B. I guess first timers can draw! Now I need to look for a better way into the Superstition Wilderness. I went into, or lore specifically, tried to go into the Roger’s Trough trailhead last winter in my son-in-law’s Tundra. About 3-4 of the way in, I holed a tire and didn’t want to chance the rest of the way on a spare. I’ll be going down in my RAV4 for the hunt, but I’m hesitant to try that road again. Anyone with some intel on other access points to the wilderness or maybe what my chances may be outside the wilderness? My son-in-law has expressed interest in tagging along and he’s probably not interested in packing in, so I may have to investigate other options.
24B is huge and has a lot more to offer than just the Superstitions. Lots of road hunters but it can be easy to get away from them. Area will clear up on Sunday afternoons and activity will be minimal through Thursday.

Look at your preferred mapping software for roads into the unit, then look for potential glassing spots, and then get boots on the ground and optics on a tripod.

spectrum

Lil-Rokslider
You don't have to go deep, just get way from the pressure. My daughter and I have killed some of our nicest Coues within a half mile of a paved road or highway. I watch guys drive or hike past great whitetail spots every year.

You don't have to go deep, just get way from the pressure. My daughter and I have killed some of our nicest Coues within a half mile of a paved road or highway. I watch guys drive or hike past great whitetail spots every year.

Yeah, my outfitter in Arizona guided me to a stomper buck that was hanging out within 400 yds of a major interstate ......

I know Arizona whitetails aren't popular here, but even still, just 51 days till my backpack rifle hunt. Pretty stoked.

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
Starting to shed their velvet, 50/50 if they have any left right now. Spread out pretty good with water and greenery everywhere. Good luck all, those little guys are tasty