AZ OTC 2021

Agsmith90

FNG
Just got back from my first AZ couse deer hunt, I had a blast and learned a ton. Didn’t harvest an animal but got close and think I could have made it happen if I had a few more days. Overall I consider the trip a success.
Now I’m turning my attention to the January OTC archery season to try for a mule deer. Not looking for anyone’s spots just hoping that I am at least in the right area. I’m focusing my e-scouting on Units 21 and 22 (hopefully I don’t get totally hammered for naming units). I’m looking in the southern portion of unit 21 and eastern portion of 22 close to the river (east of the 87) any insight is welcome. I’m am new to the site so if I broke any rules I apologize.

BBob

WKR
I don't think by posting a unit or units you are interested in has anything wrong with it. If someone wants to help you out they'll go to private message and you can discuss privately. Posting a unit/units in my mind fast tracks if I can help you or not.

Oh yeah, it's Coues not couse ;) :)

Buffinnut

Lil-Rokslider
If you are talking about tonto creek it's dry right now. That's a pretty busy area being so close Phoenix. It would probably be better for you to go further out

If you mean unit 22 by the Verde river, access is very, very difficult. One bridge and one walkable dam iirc or if you watch the cfm there are couple ford-able spots with the right vehicle

Last edited:

Zslayer

FNG
I’m 100% addicted to coues deer hunting lol! But no mater the unit this year water is very key!

OP
Agsmith90

Agsmith90

FNG
I would focus on 21 more than 22 as a large portion of 22 burned pretty badly this summer.
Do you think think I’m waisting my time in the far southern portion of unit 21? I have been out scouting a few time and found some sign but haven’t seen anything on the hoof yet.

Life_Feeds_On_Life

Lil-Rokslider
Do you think think I’m waisting my time in the far southern portion of unit 21? I have been out scouting a few time and found some sign but haven’t seen anything on the hoof yet.
I don't think you're wasting your time. Just know the closer you are to town the more likely you'll run into other people out hiking and whatnot.

crosey5

FNG
I was in 21 a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately got rained on and roads got a little slick. Had the chance to stalk one coues.