AZ poachers nailed

It’s not exactly breaking news but at the last AZGFD commission meeting (6/12), they finally brought the (formal) hammer down on these poachers:

E38F037D-55C2-4788-AAFA-4896BD176DB2.jpeg

A few years back I remember being in awe of this guy’s “OTC” buck. He even submitted it to Eastmans and P&Y. It really was a gorgeous buck

Later I heard some rumblings that not all was on the up and up but not much specifics so forgot about it. Apparently the G&F was just building their case. From what I understand someone recognized the buck from their backyard that was in NOT in OTC territory (3A/3C) and called in a tip. From there I guess the dominoes fell, judging by the list of violations (can’t find the minutes or recording, just the agenda)

slick

WKR
I know posting links to another site is a no-no, but there is quite the comical thread on this fella on another site. Quick google search is all. This is a quote, supposedly from Mr. Owens

“You and such an angry little man ! Im still waiting for you to come up so we can talk about that butt whooping . Ill bring my gf so you can see what beauty is ! Bring your gf /wife so she can see what a man is ! You are nothing but a internet tuff guy ! Brad paisley wrote a song for Phags like you ( on line ) listen to it you will identify with it I promise !”

Winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I know posting links to another site is a no-no, but there is quite the comical thread on this fella on another site. Quick google search is all. This is a quote, supposedly from Mr. Owens

“You and such an angry little man ! Im still waiting for you to come up so we can talk about that butt whooping . Ill bring my gf so you can see what beauty is ! Bring your gf /wife so she can see what a man is ! You are nothing but a internet tuff guy ! Brad paisley wrote a song for Phags like you ( on line ) listen to it you will identify with it I promise !”

Winner.

post a link

Rob5589

WKR
It’s not exactly breaking news but at the last AZGFD commission meeting (6/12), they finally brought the (formal) hammer down on these poachers:

View attachment 190044

A few years back I remember being in awe of this guy’s “OTC” buck. He even submitted it to Eastmans and P&Y. It really was a gorgeous buck

Later I heard some rumblings that not all was on the up and up but not much specifics so forgot about it. Apparently the G&F was just building their case. From what I understand someone recognized the buck from their backyard that was in NOT in OTC territory (3A/3C) and called in a tip. From there I guess the dominoes fell, judging by the list of violations (can’t find the minutes or recording, just the agenda)

Damn. I'll likely never even see a 200" mule deer in my lifetime, let alone kill one. So it pisses me off when douchebags like that do what they do.

Good to see him finally get busted for all this. He sure had quite the defensive attitude all over CWT and MM about doing nothing illegal. Funny how things eventually come to the truth.

Pro953

WKR
Wow, that is quite the list of violations. Goes to show that it is rarely the one “accident or poor decision” folks will often claim when caught. Suddenly months later the truth comes out and you see they have been stealing wildlife from the public for some time.

I'm also on CWT and have followed this story from the day Blake shot that power lines buck. From the first pictures he posted it seemed fishy...he shot a 200" buck OTC and had power lines directly behind him in the pictures, as if to let everyone know that it was obviously killed in a specific spot. I don't know any hunter that would do that unless they had something to hide. Glad to hear he finally got busted.

Last edited:
I'm also on CWT and have followed this story from the day Blake shot that power lines buck. From the first pictures he posted it seemed fishy...he shot a 200" buck OTC and had power lines directly behind him in the pictures, as if to let everyone know that it was obviously killed in a specific spot. I don't know any hunter that would do that unless they had something to hide. Glad to hear he finally got busted.

You just jogged my memory with the power lines. I remember this now. What an ass he is.

You just jogged my memory with the power lines. I remember this now. What an ass he is.

He's one of the biggest jerks I've ever dealt with on a forum, as is his brother.

For anyone interested, here are the links to the threads he started when he shot the power line buck and when it was officially scored. It boggles my mind that he would draw that much attention to himself if he poached that buck.

OP
canyonhunter47
He's one of the biggest jerks I've ever dealt with on a forum, as is his brother.

For anyone interested, here are the links to the threads he started when he shot the power line buck and when it was officially scored. It boggles my mind that he would draw that much attention to himself if he poached that buck.
I believe he also admitted to taking trail cams.

Edited: I stand corrected by PM, stealing cams is illegal in AZ

Last edited:

Alaskan

FNG

View attachment 190044

dtrkyman

WKR
Haha, reminds me of that Don Lewis clown, pretty sure that was him name, was going to be the next Chuck Adams, someone recognized one of his animals, an elk I believe and then they identified some terrain in a photo that was in Yellowstone.

Was back in the day!