AZ spring bear

Thanks. It is a steep curve learning another state's management system. We will do it when we have multiple units still open. I am sure we could do August or October. When are the cactus fruit ripe?
There are more opportunities in the Fall for OTC Bear throughout the state, in case you want to wait. I would look at the 2020 fall regulations to get an idea.

ZRob97

Lil-Rokslider
It’s my first year here as well, picked up an otc bear tag for 3b/c this past week. Looking at going out for a few weekends and trying to glass for them wherever there’s green. Will update this weekend-

Went out yesterday morning for unit that opened up on Friday. No bears on my cameras and did not see any fresh sign while making the "circuit".

In same general vicinity, I saw a single front track and also a single rear track. Both were no more than a few days old. Saw no fresh sign there.

Did not see any fresh vegetation but other food sources were extremely plentiful. There was a ton of acorn (deer have been hitting them hard), tons of manzanita beans on the ground (nothing hitting them), tons of juniper berries (nothing hitting them), etc. Will run out again this coming weekend if I'm not out of town for work.

Did walk a main road that was still damp from the snow melting and saw no tracks. I also saw zero mountain lion tracks which is abnormal.

The good news is that the Coues deer appear to be doing very well and there were lots of fawns (both from tracks as well as visual confirmation).

Professor

Lil-Rokslider
Went out yesterday morning for unit that opened up on Friday. No bears on my cameras and did not see any fresh sign while making the "circuit".

In same general vicinity, I saw a single front track and also a single rear track. Both were no more than a few days old. Saw no fresh sign there.

Did not see any fresh vegetation but other food sources were extremely plentiful. There was a ton of acorn (deer have been hitting them hard), tons of manzanita beans on the ground (nothing hitting them), tons of juniper berries (nothing hitting them), etc. Will run out again this coming weekend if I'm not out of town for work.

Did walk a main road that was still damp from the snow melting and saw no tracks. I also saw zero mountain lion tracks which is abnormal.

The good news is that the Coues deer appear to be doing very well and there were lots of fawns (both from tracks as well as visual confirmation).
This tells me they won't have to move far for food and will lay up in some thick stuff close to water, which I assume is abundant right now. It was like that the whole season here.