Az Unit 32 coues deer

Me and a buddy drew unit 32 November 27 to December 6th if anyone could give us info. We have hunted Javi’s there lower elavation but never coues deer thanks

BowWalker

FNG
Most people congregate around the sunset loop area. This is about middle of the unit from the east side, I would avoid this area. What are did you javelina hunt? Are you planning on hiking much?

OP
T
We went off of mule shoe ranch road. We where planning on backpacking into somewhere

BowWalker

FNG
We went off of mule shoe ranch road. We where planning on backpacking into somewhere
You could try the hills southeast of the windmills by mule shoe. I used to archery hunt there a lot. You will see alot of people on side by sides in that area, but if you hike up to the top you will probably be by yourself. Another place you could try is deer creek. There is a trail there that gets you back into some rugged area. I believe that is where Steve Rinella went on his 32 hunt on one of the early episodes of Meat Hunter.

OP
T
Ya we saw some coues up in those hills. I was looking at the deer creek area also thanks for the info anyways. Again trying to get secret spots just knowledge of the area!! Thanks!

BowWalker

FNG
Ya we saw some coues up in those hills. I was looking at the deer creek area also thanks for the info anyways. Again trying to get secret spots just knowledge of the area!! Thanks!
Understand. I just picked up an Idaho general deer tag, and I’m going to do exactly what you just did. Feel free to DM me. I grew up in Safford so i know the area fairly well.

OP
T
Ok thanks maybe I will after I do some more scouting online. Can’t help ya with Idaho have yet to hunt there

cjl2010

Lil-Rokslider
See what outfitter leased the Mercer ranch. Last I knew it was Ward. You used to be able to pay $200 for a key and access to their ranch. Would be a good way to get away from the crowds.