AZ Unit 33 OTC Advice

I hunted this unit a couple years ago with my invalid father, we mostly just did a lot of driving around the base of Mt Lemmon and glassing. We found a lot of coues but I never saw a single mule deer. This year, I am bringing my friend to this area on his third hunt who has never had success before and I would really like to help him tag out. Also would be cool if I could score a buck too. I have the most experience just sitting a high traffic spot and ambush but I would love to try spot and stalk on a mulie. Probably spend a day looking for them and if we dont see any I will bring him to sit some spots I found. Anyone local or familiar with this unit I could talk to? Feel free to PM me, I would be very grateful

If you are seeing Coues, then you are usually too high. Go lower in elevation. Don't forget the north side of Lemmon where it transitions to low desert.

BBob

WKR
33 is a tough desert mule deer unit. Once upon a time it was a fantasic unit for them but that's been 30 years or more. Good luck.

Tbonespop

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with hunting spots off of the 77. Not nearly as good as what it was 20-30 years ago, but there can be muleys in there. Don't waste your time sitting on water. I've seen muleys 10 miles away from the closest known watering holes. Most get water at night after dark. ITs a hard hunt, you gotta really work for it in that unit.

Buck197

WKR
Am I'd love to read a follow up to how this hunt goes, sounds like an interesting unit.