B Zone Chatter 2020

B zone fire finally connected. Bolly's being burned now and its heading north. at 20% contained and no one fighting it this thing is going to take out every northern California wilderness before some rains come to put it out.

all the deer in the bollys are about to become trapped in middle of the the fire. fire has surrounded the middle eel drainage and is slowly closing in. Hopefully they find their way out

OP
MeatBuck

MeatBuck

WKR
all the deer in the bollys are about to become trapped in middle of the the fire. fire has surrounded the middle eel drainage and is slowly closing in. Hopefully they find their way out
They’ll go into what’s already burned even if it’s still hot to get away from the immediate flames. Would take perfect storm to actually trap and kill them.

Saw a mule deer hunt on YouTube a while back where the guys put down two burnt bucks. Limping around with torched hair and hooves. Was wild to see that they actually went through the flames.Thinking the channel was something like Hardworkinghunter maybe

They’ll go into what’s already burned even if it’s still hot to get away from the immediate flames. Would take perfect storm to actually trap and kill them.

Saw a mule deer hunt on YouTube a while back where the guys put down two burnt bucks. Limping around with torched hair and hooves. Was wild to see that they actually went through the flames.Thinking the channel was something like Hardworkinghunter maybe
I saw that same video, pretty wild stuff.

Ive got a game cam on a major game trail/ travel path between ridges. If it doesnt burn, the pictures on there will be unbelievable.

Tobias

FNG
Did anyone head out for Quail this weekend? Wondering what the crowds were like. My spots were open but I figured it’d be a zoo so I didn’t bother.

willidru

WKR
We will see, I’ve got 3 out of state tags still to fill. Timing is playing a big role tight now.

So really I can’t complain

WKR

WKR
Does anyone have a know what the most recent National Forest closure status is?
Closed until the 21st. But I'm 99% sure they will extend it again on the 21st so just gotta keep your fingers crossed.

amassi

WKR
Has anyone seen what standard they are looking for to drop these closures? Temps, pressure, forecast ?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

gexpro

WKR
Has anyone seen what standard they are looking for to drop these closures? Temps, pressure, forecast ?

they didn't specify. I would assume the containment progress made on the fires would be the major one.
and weather plays a huge roll in that.

Pro953

WKR
Take it to A zone.

They are allowing folks to use B-Zone tags in the A-Zone? I thought you could now swap once the season was open or are they making some sort of exception?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JNDEER

WKR

not sure if they will or not but the areas couple years back that burnt Knoxville and snow mountain they closed the burnt area for I think one or two years to allow for new growth. I wouldn’t be surprised if they did the same here with these giant fires.

amassi

WKR
not sure if they will or not but the areas couple years back that burnt Knoxville and snow mountain they closed the burnt area for I think one or two years to allow for new growth. I wouldn’t be surprised if they did the same here with these giant fires.
I mean the millions of unburned acres
Surely when they closed every national forest In the whole state they had a plan for their reopening. Wondering what those benchmarks are, hopefully not precipitation because theres not much on the horizon

OP
MeatBuck

MeatBuck

WKR
I think the “forest” fires take longer to reopen because they have to clear so many trees from so many roads to make them safe for travel, not to mention the erosion/slides from lack of vegetation during first few rains.

gexpro

WKR
I feel horrible for the people who drew highly coveted tags and cannot hunt because of the closures.. CDFW said all they can do is opt to turn the tag in for a preference point.. as if drawing a big horn sheep tag after 30 years will likely ever happen again. (example)

amassi

WKR
I feel horrible for the people who drew highly coveted tags and cannot hunt because of the closures.. CDFW said all they can do is opt to turn the tag in for a preference point.. as if drawing a big horn sheep tag after 30 years will likely ever happen again. (example)
Yea those once in a lifetime tags should be reissued next year