B Zone Chatter 2020

I heard they were gonna open snow mountain wilderness this weekend. The source of that info was like 4th party here say though. Anyone else hear that? I don't believe its true

OP
MeatBuck

MeatBuck

WKR
Hopefully this wind and new fire don’t bring on any more closures or postpone any nf openings.
Hitting the road tomorrow for the week. Bound to find somewheres to hunt.

kickemall

WKR
Wind blew up some of the fires yesterday plus new starts east of Redding and in Napa that grew very, very fast. Almost all, if not the entire Yolla Bolly wilderness has burned, although thats really not that bad as a lot of it just burned slow and didn't slick things off but trails are going to be a bitch as theres no one but hunters clearing them these days, at least on the side I hunt. The west zone of the August fire burned to Ruth lake yesterday and destroyed campgrounds and who knows yet how many homes, if it didn't jump hwy. 36 during the night I'd be surprised. Factual reports are hard to come by but its awfully bad for the entire area around Ruth Lake as well as many other places. Hope your able to find a place to hunt.

OP
MeatBuck

MeatBuck

WKR
Wind blew up some of the fires yesterday plus new starts east of Redding and in Napa that grew very, very fast. Almost all, if not the entire Yolla Bolly wilderness has burned, although thats really not that bad as a lot of it just burned slow and didn't slick things off but trails are going to be a bitch as theres no one but hunters clearing them these days, at least on the side I hunt. The west zone of the August fire burned to Ruth lake yesterday and destroyed campgrounds and who knows yet how many homes, if it didn't jump hwy. 36 during the night I'd be surprised. Factual reports are hard to come by but its awfully bad for the entire area around Ruth Lake as well as many other places. Hope your able to find a place to hunt.
Kinda hard for august fire to jump 36 when winds are blowing opposite direction.

Zogg Fire is closing in on 36 however. It’s closed from Humboldt co line to bowman rd.

kickemall

WKR
Kinda hard for august fire to jump 36 when winds are blowing opposite direction.

Zogg Fire is closing in on 36 however. It’s closed from Humboldt co line to bowman rd.

"Live embers were documented landing 8 miles ahead of the active fire front on Sunday. Spot fires ignited beyond control lines east of Forest Glen, north of State Route 36, and west of South Fork Mountain."
That was taken from a USFS briefing at 0930 this morning.

OP
MeatBuck

MeatBuck

WKR
"Live embers were documented landing 8 miles ahead of the active fire front on Sunday. Spot fires ignited beyond control lines east of Forest Glen, north of State Route 36, and west of South Fork Mountain."
That was taken from a USFS briefing at 0930 this morning.
When the hwy doubles back on itself I guess you could have north winds blowing the fire to the north side of the hwy without actually traveling north. Regardless, the entire area is closed and will be through the end of the season. No way they say it’s ok for the public to jump right into a fresh burn. Too many hazards, trees, and roads to clear and not enough resources to get it done for deer season 2020. M11 tag holders might not even make it in there this year.

OP
MeatBuck

MeatBuck

WKR
Hopefully this wind and new fire don’t bring on any more closures or postpone any nf openings.
Hitting the road tomorrow for the week. Bound to find somewheres to hunt.
Revised plan.
Unpacking some of my stuff and taking rig in for ac service 8am. Coupon I’ve got expires 30th so gonna use that while hoping for news Wednesday of Klamath or six rivers reopening Thursday.
Plan I had was frigged by new Fire and new rd closure so gonna use the next couple days to get Ac going while skipping 100degree days of dusty road travel.
Gonna be on the move a lot spot checking new areas so will be glad to have ac for first time ever.
If no nfs open Thursday, I hope at least the hwy reopens. Hard to let more days go by as it seems I’m running out of time and options but heat and moon phase don’t look great and ac seems like a necessity for the remainder of the season.
(Sitting here scratching my trigger finger.)

3pointer

Lil-Rokslider
Tribes flocked into snow mountain , killed anything with forks on it , poor deer are just recovering from ranch fire and the idiot USFS left a tiny portion of southern Bzone open and they just got sleighed , there was 58 vehicles at the trailhead, pickup loads of tribes being dropped all night to hunt through , huge base camps , looks like they’re thier for the long haul , ughhh so depressing and frustrating especially now this new zog Fire will probly shit down Shasta trinity

OP
MeatBuck

MeatBuck

WKR
Tribes flocked into snow mountain , killed anything with forks on it , poor deer are just recovering from ranch fire and the idiot USFS left a tiny portion of southern Bzone open and they just got sleighed , there was 58 vehicles at the trailhead, pickup loads of tribes being dropped all night to hunt through , huge base camps , looks like they’re thier for the long haul , ughhh so depressing and frustrating especially now this new zog Fire will probly shit down Shasta trinity
Biting my tongue. Trying to not have those thoughts.
Knew this shit would happen. Look at the map. There’s a few small areas open and now there’s even more limited ways to get into them. One reason I’m not in a rush to get out. If the north half doesn’t open Idk if I’ll even go.

Thats what I've been in fear of this whole time. Snow is always a backup plan spot for me, but the mass clans that rape it make it hard to return to.

OP
MeatBuck

MeatBuck

WKR
Here we go again with the clans/tribes thing... can we just call them what they are?
They’re Hmongs. Bottom line.
We all feel the same way about them but there’s nothing we can do about it.
Let’s quit beating around the bush, it’s not racist to call someone what they are. Nor is it bigotry to have moral values, self control and hunter ethics.
They aren’t doing anything the state isn’t allowing them to do. Doesn’t make it right. Doesn’t make it any less impactful on the resources either. It’s as frustrating as the state itself.

3pointer

Lil-Rokslider
Quick question , is spraying the hillside Trying to get game to move with small caliber automatic weapons legal ? I really don’t know if there’s a law against that lol ,I really don’t know, but definitely makes other hunters very uneasy and unsafe , if anyone is in an area where these people are making a drive , be careful

OP
MeatBuck

MeatBuck

WKR
Quick question , is spraying the hillside Trying to get game to move with small caliber automatic weapons legal ? I really don’t know if there’s a law against that lol ,I really don’t know, but definitely makes other hunters very uneasy and unsafe , if anyone is in an area where these people are making a drive , be careful
Are you actually watching them shoot up the hillside or are they shooting squirrels as they make their deer drive? They carry two firearms a piece most time so that they can kill squirrels and quail as they deer hunt.
Ive seen them target practicing where they hunt. Makes no sense to me.

3pointer

Lil-Rokslider
Are you actually watching them shoot up the hillside or are they shooting squirrels as they make their deer drive? They carry two firearms a piece most time so that they can kill squirrels and quail as they deer hunt.
Ive seen them target practicing where they hunt. Makes no sense to me.
No thier shooting up the hill side